The Nobles County Library (Worthington & Adrian) will be closed
on Monday, February 20th, in observance of President’s Day.
Winter Reading Program – Adrian & Worthington
- The Winter Reading Program has reached the halfway point! If you haven’t started yet, hurry in to sign up! Congratulations to those who have already completed the program.
- Read twelve books (or audio books/e-books) and bring your punch card back to choose your prize.
- After you’ve turned in your completed card(s), be sure to fill out a raffle ticket for the Grand Prize Drawing! There will be a Grand Prize Drawing for these three categories: Men, Women & Teen.
- Must be at least 16 years old to participate.
Youth Programs – Worthington
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, February 13th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 14th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 15th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, February 16th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, February 20th: CLOSED for President’s Day
- Tuesday, February 21st: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Adult Programs – Worthington
- Tuesday, February 14th – at 3:00 p.m. – Lorna Landvik (virtual event, join us at the library)
- Tuesday, February 21st at 7:00 p.m. – Chad Lewis (virtual event, join us at the library)
- Tuesday, February 28th at 7:00 p.m. – Brian Freeman (virtual event, join us at the library)
- Wednesday, March 8th from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. – “On the Books” with County Attorney, Joseph Sanow
- Wednesday, March 22nd from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. – Springo (bingo)
Nobles County Art Center – Worthington
- Stop in and take in all of the “Scenes from Nobles County” that are on exhibit for the month of February!
- Walk around and enjoy the artist’s masterpieces, then vote for your five favorite pieces. Awards will be provided to the winners by Nobles County merchants!
- Attention! Seeking artists to enter in the Annual Area Art Show!
- This is open to anyone who lives in or within 100 miles of Worthington.
- Please e-mail the Art Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in the Art Center to get a form to enter!
- The Art Center is located in the basement of the Nobles County Library. It is open Monday-Friday, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Friends of the Library Book Club – Worthington
- Friends of the Library Book Club
- Monday, February 27th at 6:00 p.m. the Friends of the Library Book Club will meet to discuss “The Joy Luck Club” by Amy Tan. All are welcome!
New at the Library
- New Books for Adults: “8 Rules of Love: How to find it, keep it, and let it go” By Jay Shetty, “The Snow Hare” by Paula Lichtarowicz, “The Good Life: Lessons From the World’s Longest Scientific Study of Happiness” by Robert Waldinger, MD and Marc Schulz, PhD, “Exiles” by Jane Harper, “Love, Pamela” by Pamela Anderson, “All Hallows” by Christopher Golden, “The Bullet Garden” by Stephen Hunter, “Cold Light of Day” by Elizabeth Goddard, “Hideaway at Silver Lake” by Jennifer Greene and “Heart Bones” by Colleen Hoover
- New Books for Children: “I Have a Question” by Andrew Arnold, “This Book Is My Best Friend” by Robin Robinson, “Sleepy Sheepy by Lucy Ruth Cummins, “All the Beating Hearts” by Julie Fogliano and Cátia Chien and “The Very Best Hug” by Smriti Prasadam-Halls and Alison Brown
- New DVDs: “Angry Neighbors” and “Big Sky River”