** Spring Book Sale – Worthington **
- Our Spring Book Sale will be April 25th – 30th, during regular business hours on the main level of the library!
- Come look through a variety of adult fiction books, adult non-fiction books, young adult books, paperback books, children’s books, audiobooks, CDs and DVDs.
- Watch for the bag sale at the end of the week!
- Our book sales are open to the public – not restricted only to library card users.
** After-School Programs – Worthington **
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, April 18th: Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 19th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 20th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, April 21st: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, April 25th: Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 26th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library. Please have your children picked up by 5:00 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events and updates.
** Book Clubs – Worthington **
- Science Fiction/Fantasy Monthly Book Club:
- Please join us Wednesday, May 11th at 6:00 p.m. in the library’s Program Room!
- There won’t be a meeting in April, but make sure to join us in May!
- March’s topic is Gravitational Manipulation and April’s topic is Your Favorite Science Fiction or Fantasy Book. We’ll discuss how each of our books connected to the these themes and what we liked/disliked about the books at the next meeting!
- Friends of the Library Book Club:
- Please join us Monday, April 25th at 6:00 p.m. at the library! All are welcome to join.
- We will be discussing the book “The Sun Does Shine: How I Found Life and Freedom on Death Row” by Anthony Ray Hinton
- We will meet in person as well as on Zoom, if you prefer. Please contact the library if you’d like to participate.
** Screen-Free Saturdays – Adrian **
- Every Saturday until May 21st! (excluding holiday weekends)
- For students Kindergarten through 8th Get out of the house and come play games from 10:30 a.m. until noon at the library!
- Bring your favorite board game or play one of ours.
** Minnesota State Parks Library Pass – Adrian & Worthington **
- Now that the weather finally is starting to feel more like Spring, remember that there are two park passes available that allow free entry into any Minnesota State Park!
- These passes are available to the residents of Nobles County through the libraries in Adrian and Worthington.
- Passes are checked out and valid from Wednesday through the following Tuesday.
- A Plum Creek library card is required and it must be an adult picking up the pass.
- Reserve your pass in advance now! (limit of one reservation every 30 days please)
** Coming Soon… **
- Christy in Adrian and Jackie in Worthington have both been working very hard behind the scenes to get ready for their Summer youth programs! Stay tuned to find out soon what they’ve put together for the youth!
** New at the Library **
- New Books for Adults: “Four Treasures of the Sky” by Jenny Tinghui Zhang, “Summer at the Cape” by RaeAnne Thayne, “Last Dance on the Starlight Pier” by Sarah Bird, “Nobody But Us” by Laure Van Rensburg and “The Patron Saint of Second Chances” by Christine Simon
- New Books for Children: “Starla Jean Takes the Cake” by Elana K. Arnold, “Mud!” by Annie Bailey, “Reach for the Stars” by Emily Calandrelli, “Dog Diaries: Dinosaur Disaster” by James Patterson with Steven Butler,
- New DVDs: “Vikings” (Season 6, Volume 2), “West Side Story”, “Scream”, “Sing 2”, “Nickelodeon: Spring is Here”, “Pursuit”, “Llama Llama and Friends”, “The House of Gucci”, “American Siege” and “Redeeming Love”
- Quote: “The journey of a lifetime starts with the turning of a page.” – Rachel Anders