Library News for the Week of April 19, 2021
Nobles County Library – 407 12th Street – Worthington
Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Adrian Branch Library – 214 Maine Avenue – Adrian
Monday – Thursday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Spring Book Sale – Going on This Week in Worthington!
- Come to the book sale this week, Monday, April 19th – Saturday, April 24th, during regular business hours on the main level of the library!
- There is a variety of adult fiction books, adult science fiction books, adult non-fiction books, young adult books, paperback books, children’s books, audiobooks, CDs and DVDs.
- Watch for the bag sale at the end of the week!
Happening with Children’s Programming in Worthington:
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up.
- Monday, April 19th: Just Gurlz (Girls grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 20th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 21st: Story Time (Preschool & Younger) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, April 22nd: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, April 26th: Wii U (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 27th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
New at the Library:
- New Books for Adults: “The Orphan Collector” by Ellen Marie Wiseman, “The Devil’s Hand” by Jack Carr, “Spilled Blood” by Brian Freeman, “The Last Night in London” by Karen White and “Perfect Little Children” by Sophie Hannah
- New Books for Children: “We Laugh Alike: A Story That’s Part English, Part Spanish, and a Whole Lot of Fun!” by Carmen T. Bernier-Grand, “The Big Dipper” by Franklyn M. Branley, “Whose House is That?” by Stan Tekiela, “Yes & No” by Elisha Cooper and “The Rock From the Sky” by Jon Klassen
- New Audiobook: “Dark Sky”, by C.J. Box
- Quote: “A little reading is all the therapy a person needs sometimes.” – Anna Sasine
Friends of the Library:
- Book Club: All are welcome to join the book club discussions! Contact the library if you’d like to participate in the Zoom call.
- Monday, April 26th at 7 p.m.: The book being discussed is “American Dirt” by Jeanine Cummins.