** Summer Reading Programs – Worthington **
- Tuesday, August 3rd: Teen Summer Reading Program from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 4th: Story Time (Preschool – Kindergarten) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 4th: Summer Reading Program (Grades 1st – 3rd) – from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 5th: Summer Reading Program (Grades 4th – 5th) – from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 10th: Teen Summer Reading Program from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Teen Auction!)
- Summer Reading Carnival on Wednesday, August 11th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – for kids of all ages – come play games, win prizes and enjoy some treats!
- Friday, August 27th is the last day the library store will be open – make sure to turn in your Summer Reading Logs and library money to choose your prizes!
** Youth Programs – Adrian **
- Please stop by the library, call 507-483-2541 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.
- Tuesdays: Read with Mrs. Shateen One-on-One (Elementary Age) – from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Story Time (Preschool – 2nd Grade) – from 12:10 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Games & Crafts (Grades 3rd-7th) – from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
** Upcoming Special Programs **
- September 2nd: Pamela Nowak – a Minnesota native – 6:30 p.m. at the Nobles County Library (Worthington)
- Pamela began researching in 2017 about how the women felt about what they went through and how they survived the U.S. – Dakota war. She will be speaking more in depth about her newest novel, “Never let Go, Survival of the Lake Shetek Women”. There will be time at the end for questions. This event is free and open to the public.
- Watch our Facebook page and website for updates and future events!
** New at the Library **
- New Electronic Resources: New electronic resources have been added to the Nobles County Library website, under Research>Digital Libraries. You can access these anywhere, 24 hours a day; all you need is your library card!
- NovelListPLus: Get book recommendations, reviews, articles, booklists and more.
- Consumer Reports: The online version of Consumer Reports. Search their comprehensive archive of expert, unbiased product reviews.
- Auto Repair Source: Up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles going back to 1974.
- Legal Information Reference Center: Legal reference books for consumers, how-to instructions, and Minnesota-specific legal forms.
- Creativebug: Over 1000 arts and crafts instructional videos; for artists and makers of all levels.
- We still have AncestryLibrary (Inside the Library Buildings use only): Research your ancestors. Census data, vital records, directories, photos, and more.
- New Books for Adults: “Love for Beginners” by Jill Shalvis, “The Turnout” by Megan Abbott, “A Good Day for Chardonnay” by Darynda Jones, “A Place Like Home” by Rosamune Pilcher and “Not a Happy Family” by Shari Lapena
- New Books for Children: “Crayola Insect Colors” and “Crayola Reptile Colors” by Christy Peterson and “Sydney & Taylor Take a Flying Leap” by Jacqueline Davies
- New DVDs: “Mortal Kombat”, “Dream Horse” and “The Walking Dead” (the complete tenth season)
- New Audiobook: “It’s Better This Way” by Debbie Macomber
- Minnesota State Park Passes: A free pass may be checked out from Wednesday through Tuesday, perfect for a weekend trip or vacation! You must be a resident of Nobles County, a Plum Creek Library card is required and it must be picked up in person by an adult. Make your reservation for a Minnesota State Park Pass today! Stop by the Worthington or Adrian library, or call for more information.