** Summer Book Sale – ADRIAN **
- Summer Book Sale at the Adrian Library will be Thursday, August 26th (12:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.), Friday, August 27th (12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.) & Saturday, August 28th. (8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- There will be a variety of books to browse through – watch for the bag sale on Saturday!
- Our book sales are open to the public – not restricted only to library card users.
** Saturdays in Adrian **
- The Adrian Library will be open for the Book Sale on Saturday, August 28th. We will resume our regular Saturday hours from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. starting on Saturday, September 11th.
** Youth Programs – Adrian **
- Please stop by the library, call 507-483-2541 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.
- Tuesdays: Read with Mrs. Shateen One-on-One (Elementary Age) – from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Story Time (Preschool – 2nd Grade) – from 12:10 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Games & Crafts (Grades 3rd-7th) – from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- The last day of Summer Programs is August 25th! Make sure to turn in your Summer Reading Logs by Monday, August 23rd!
** Summer Reading Programs – Worthington **
- Friday, August 27th is the last day the library store will be open – make sure to turn in your Summer Reading Logs and library money to choose your prizes!
** Upcoming Special Programs **
- September 2nd: Pamela Nowak – a Minnesota native – 6:30 p.m. at the Nobles County Library (Worthington)
- Pamela began researching in 2017 about how the women felt about what they went through and how they survived the U.S. – Dakota war. She will be speaking more in depth about her newest novel, “Never let Go, Survival of the Lake Shetek Women”. There will be time at the end for questions. This event is free and open to the public.
- September 21st at 6:30 p.m. – “Moving Words”
- Come listen to a panel of Minnesota authors at the Worthington library. More details coming soon!
- Watch our Facebook page and website for updates and future events!
** New at the Library **
- New Electronic Resources: New electronic resources have been added to the Nobles County Library website, under Research>Digital Libraries. You can access these anywhere, 24 hours a day; all you need is your library card!
- NovelListPLus: Get book recommendations, reviews, articles, booklists and more.
- Consumer Reports: The online version of Consumer Reports. Search their comprehensive archive of expert, unbiased product reviews.
- Auto Repair Source: Up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles going back to 1974.
- Legal Information Reference Center: Legal reference books for consumers, how-to instructions, and Minnesota-specific legal forms.
- Creativebug: Over 1000 arts and crafts instructional videos; for artists and makers of all levels.
- We still have AncestryLibrary (Inside the Library Buildings use only): Research your ancestors. Census data, vital records, directories, photos, and more.
- Minnesota State Park Passes: A free pass may be checked out from Wednesday through Tuesday, perfect for a weekend trip or vacation! You must be a resident of Nobles County, a Plum Creek Library card is required and it must be picked up in person by an adult. Make your reservation for a Minnesota State Park Pass today! Stop by the Worthington or Adrian library, or call for more information.
- New Books for Adults: “Cul-De-Sac” by Joy Fielding, “The Reckoning: Our Nation’s Trauma and Finding a Way to Heal” by Mary L. Trump, Ph.D., “Breathe” by Joyce Carol Oates, “Images of America, Highway 61 Through Minnesota” by Nathan Johnson and “Mrs. March” by Virginia Feito
- New Books for Children: “Ethiopia” by Nancy DiStasio, “Glasses” by Lori Haskins Houran and “Bicycle” by Lori Haskins Houran
- Quote: “Children need books that are mirrors to see themselves in their own experiences, windows that they can look through to see other worlds that they can then compare to their own, and sliding glass doors that allow them to enter other worlds.” -Rudine Sims Bishop