The Nobles County Library, 407 12th St., Worthington, is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Adrian Branch Library, 214 Maine Ave., Adrian, open from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays.
Happening with children’s programming in Worthington:
- August 28th is the last day the library store will be open – make sure to turn in your Summer Reading Logs and money to choose your prize(s)!
- Story Time (Preschool-Kindergarten) – Wednesdays from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Window “I Spy” – this is the last week for this outdoor for all grades! Stop by the youth room for your I Spy list and let the search begin.
- Bingo Scavenger Hunt – this is the last week for this outdoor activity for all grades. On Monday stop by the youth room for your bingo sheet and see if you can get a bingo or work for a black out! Remember to turn in your Bingo sheet for a prize!
Happening at Worthington and Adrian:
- Please limit yourself to one visit per day, and maintain a distance of six feet from non-family members when inside.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian (except during organized programming activities).
- We have hand sanitizer near the front door. We are spot cleaning throughout the day and after hours.
- Please bring exact change, or the nearest dollar amount, for copies, scans, faxes, etc.
- View all library events and updates at nclibrary.org.
New at the Library:
New Device: The Library has a new offering, Mobile Internet Hotspots. A mobile Internet hotspot uses cellular access to create a WiFi connection, allowing people to connect to the Internet where there is not typically strong, or any, WiFi access. Hotspots can be checked out by any adult Plum Creek library card holder in good standing. They may not be placed on hold, are checked out just one week, and cannot be renewed. This program is partially funded with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education using federal funding, CFDA 45.310, Library Services and Technology Act (LS-00-19-0024-19) Grants to States.
New Books: “Betrayals” by Kelley Armstrong, “Where Dreams Descend” by Janella Angeles, “All Eyes on Her” by L.E. Flynn, “Ordinary Hazards” by Anna Bruno and “Little Disasters” by Sarah Vaughan
New DVDs: Hallmark 2-Movie Collection, “You’re Bacon Me Crazy) and “The Secret Ingredient”, “NCIS: Los Angeles” (Season 11), “The Etruscan Smile” “Adventures of Rufus, The Fantastic Pet” and “Blacklist” (Season 7)
Did You Know: The first class lounge of the Titanic was mostly used for socializing and enjoying light refreshments after dinner, but there was a wall with a wide mahogany bookcase which was used as a lending library for the first class passengers. These passengers could also choose from a permanent collection of latest releases and classics. There was a library on the C Deck as well, for the second class passengers. This room was shared as a library, writing room, drawing room and lounge.