The Nobles County Library and the Adrian Library will be closed on Saturday, September 4th
Monday, September 6th in observance of Labor Day.
** Special Computer Tutorials **
- Nobles County Library Computer Tutorials: Your First Gmail. A guided tutorial for the creation and use of your first e-mail.
- September 1st and September 15th: Morning Session from 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- September 8th and September 22nd: Evening Session from 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Space is limited – please call 507-295-5340 or stop by the library to reserve your spot!
** Saturdays in Adrian **
- Adrian will resume regular Saturday hours from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. starting on Saturday, September 11th.
** After-School Programs – Worthington **
- After-School Programs will begin the week of September 13th! Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Tuesday, September 14th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 15th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 15th: Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m. (schedules will be handed out)
- Thursday, September 16th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, September 20th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m. (schedules will be handed out)
- Tuesday, September 21st: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
** Upcoming Special Programs **
- September 2nd: Pamela Nowak – a Minnesota native – 6:30 p.m. at the Nobles County Library (Worthington)
- Pamela began researching in 2017 about how the women felt about what they went through and how they survived the U.S. – Dakota war. She will be speaking more in depth about her newest novel, “Never let Go, Survival of the Lake Shetek Women”. There will be time at the end for questions.
- September 21st: “Moving Words” – 6:30 p.m. at the Nobles County Library (Worthington)
- Come listen to a panel of Minnesota authors. More details coming soon!
- October 28th: Come listen to musical artist, Dennis Warner!
- 1:00 p.m. at the Adrian Senior Citizens Center (120 N. Maine Ave.)
- 4:00 p.m. at First Lutheran Church (across from the Worthington library)
- Watch our Facebook page and website for updates and future events!
** New at the Library **
- New Electronic Resources: New electronic resources have been added to the Nobles County Library website, under Research>Digital Libraries. You can access these anywhere, 24 hours a day; all you need is your library card!
- NovelListPLus: Get book recommendations, reviews, articles, booklists and more.
- Consumer Reports: The online version of Consumer Reports. Search their comprehensive archive of expert, unbiased product reviews.
- Auto Repair Source: Up-to-date service and repair information for thousands of domestic and imported vehicles going back to 1974.
- Legal Information Reference Center: Legal reference books for consumers, how-to instructions, and Minnesota-specific legal forms.
- Creativebug: Over 1000 arts and crafts instructional videos; for artists and makers of all levels.
- We still have AncestryLibrary (Inside the Library Buildings use only): Research your ancestors. Census data, vital records, directories, photos, and more.
- Minnesota State Park Passes: A free pass may be checked out from Wednesday through Tuesday, perfect for a weekend trip or vacation! You must be a resident of Nobles County, a Plum Creek Library card is required and it must be picked up in person by an adult. Make your reservation for a Minnesota State Park Pass today! Stop by the Worthington or Adrian library, or call for more information.
- New Books for Adults: “The Family Plot” by Megan Collins, “A Mother’s Strength” by Allie Pleiter, “Chasing the Boogeyman” by Richard Chizmar, “Lost and Found Faith” by Laurel Blount and “Lightning Strike” by William Kent Krueger
- New Books for Children: “When We Fly” by Jess McGeachin, “Trick or Treat, Crankenstein” by Samantha Berger, “Good Housekeeping, Amazing Science” by Aubre Andrus, “Making Friends, Third Time’s a Charm” by Kristen Gudsnuk and “The Good, The Bad, And the Spooky” by Jory John and Pete Oswald
- New DVDs: “Here Today”, “Those Who Wish Me Dead”, “Nobody” and “Hitman’s Wife’s Bodyguard”
** Friends of the Library Book Club **
- All are welcome to join the book club discussions! Contact the library if you’d like to participate.
- Monday, August 30th at 7:00 p.m.: The book being discussed is “Oona Out of Order” by Margarita Montimore. Meeting place is yet to be determined.