Thursday, December 23rd: Adrian & Worthington libraries will be closing at 5:00 p.m. for Christmas.
Friday, December 24th and Saturday, December 25th: Adrian & Worthington libraries will be closed in observance of Christmas.
** Special Upcoming Event – Worthington **
- New Year’s Eve Parties – it’s time to ring in the New Year for grades K-5!
- Please pre-register for a party time by calling the library at 507-295-5340 by Monday, December 27th.
- Party Times:
- Wednesday, December 29th: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. OR 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Thursday, December 30th: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Party Times:
** Winter Reading Program 2022 – Adrian & Worthington **
- The Winter Reading Program begins January 3rd and ends March 31st! Come in to either library branch starting January 3rd to sign up and get your punch card. Read twelve books (or audio books/e-books) and bring your punch card back to choose your prize! All participants are entered into the grand prize drawing, which will be at the end of the program. (must be at least 16 to participate)
** After-School Programs – Worthington **
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, December 20th: Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 21st: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 22nd: Story Time (Toddlers-Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, December 23rd: No program.
- Monday, December 27th: No program.
- Tuesday, December 28th: No program.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library. Please have your children picked up by 5:00 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events and updates.
** Screen-Free Saturdays in Adrian **
- Every Saturday from October 9th – May 21st! (excluding holiday weekends)
- For students Kindergarten through 8th Get out of the house and come play games from 10:30 a.m. until noon at the library! Bring your favorite board game or play one of ours.
** Science Fiction/Fantasy Monthly Book Club – Worthington **
- Calling all Science Fiction and Fantasy Readers! Join us the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the library.
- We’ll discuss how each of our books connects to the theme of the month and what we liked/disliked about the book.
- Please call 507-295-5340 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
** Book Clubs in Nobles County **
- The Nobles County Library would like to work with you to get information out for upcoming programs, author visits and much more!
- Please contact us with your information by calling 507-295-5340 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
- We look forward to hearing from you and working together!
** New at the Library **
- New Books for Adults: “Rising from the Ruins” by Gretchen Teerling, “A Deep Divide” by Kimberley Woodhouse, “A Flicker of Light” by Katie Powner, “Boy Underground” by Catherine Ryan Hyde and “Chasing Shadows” by Lynn Austin
- New Books for Children: “The Snowflake” by Benji Davies, “Hello, Little Fish!” by Lucy Cousins, “2022 Book of World Records” by Scholastic, “Garfield, Livin’ the Sweet Life” by Jim Davis and “The Biggest Little Boy, A Christmas Story” by Poppy Harlow
- New Audiobooks: “A Man of Honor” by Barbara Taylor Bradford and “Wish You Were Here” by Jodi Picoult
- Quote: “Some books you read. Some books you enjoy. But some books just swallow you up, heart and soul.” -Joanne Harris