Friday, December 31st & Saturday, January 1st:
Adrian & Worthington libraries
will be closed in observance of the New Year.
** Winter Reading Program 2022 – Adrian & Worthington **
- The Winter Reading Program begins January 3rd and ends March 31st! Come in to either library branch starting January 3rd to sign up and get your punch card. Read twelve books (or audio books/e-books) and bring your punch card back to choose your prize! All participants are entered into the grand prize drawing, which will be at the end of the program. (must be at least 16 to participate)
** After-School Programs – Worthington **
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, December 27th: No program.
- Tuesday, December 28th: No program.
- Wednesday, December 29th: New Year’s Eve Parties: 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. OR 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. (please pre-register)
- Thursday, December 30th New Year’s Eve Party: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. (please pre-register)
- Monday, January 3rd: Wii U (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 4th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library. Please have your children picked up by 5:00 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events and updates.
** Screen-Free Saturdays in Adrian **
- Every Saturday until May 21st! (excluding holiday weekends)
- For students Kindergarten through 8th Get out of the house and come play games from 10:30 a.m. until noon at the library! Bring your favorite board game or play one of ours.
** Science Fiction/Fantasy Monthly Book Club – Worthington **
- Calling all Science Fiction and Fantasy Readers! Join us the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the library.
- We’ll discuss how each of our books connects to the theme of the month and what we liked/disliked about the book.
- Please call 507-295-5340 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.
** Book Clubs in Nobles County **
- The Nobles County Library would like to work with you to get information out for upcoming programs, author visits and much more!
- Please contact us with your information by calling 507-295-5340 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We look forward to hearing from you and working together!
** New at the Library **
- New Books for Adults: “Rising from the Ruins” by Gretchen Teerling, “A Deep Divide” by Kimberley Woodhouse, “A Flicker of Light” by Katie Powner, “Boy Underground” by Catherine Ryan Hyde and “Chasing Shadows” by Lynn Austin
- New Books for Children: “The Snowflake” by Benji Davies, “Hello, Little Fish!” by Lucy Cousins, “2022 Book of World Records” by Scholastic, “Garfield, Livin’ the Sweet Life” by Jim Davis and “The Biggest Little Boy, A Christmas Story” by Poppy Harlow
- New Audiobooks: “A Man of Honor” by Barbara Taylor Bradford and “Wish You Were Here” by Jodi Picoult
- Quote: “Some books you read. Some books you enjoy. But some books just swallow you up, heart and soul.” -Joanne Harris