Library News for the Week of February 15, 2021
The Nobles County Library, 407 12th Street, Worthington, is open from
9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday.
The Adrian Branch Library, 214 Main Avenue, Adrian, is open from
12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday.
New in the Adult Sci.Fi./Fantasy Section in Worthington:
- To make your browsing and borrowing experience better, the library is making a number of improvements to the Science Fiction/ Fantasy collection. We’re adding new easy-to-read labels and reorganizing the books not just by author, but also by series. We’re also buying new books to complete series, like Anne Bishop’s Black Jewels saga; and purchasing classics, such as Isaac Asimov’s Foundation Trilogy and Terry Brooks’ Sword of Shannara. Come see the numerous trilogies, series, and sagas available for everyone to read!
Winter Reading Program 2021:
- The Winter Reading Program is underway! Come in to either library branch (or call if necessary) to sign up and get your punch card. Read twelve books (or audio books/e-books), bring your completed punch card back by March 31st and choose your prize! All participants are entered into the grand prize drawing, which will be drawn on April 1st. To learn more, please visit our website nclibrary.org or call the library. (must be at least 16 to participate)
- Follow us on Facebook! Once you ‘like’ our page you’ll be able to see our latest updates from programs, to events, to holiday closures or weather-related closures. We’re working hard to post more to keep you up-to-date on what’s happening at the libraries!
Happening with Children’s Programming in Worthington:
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up, as class size is limited.
- Monday, February 15th: CLOSED
- Tuesday, February 16th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 17th: Story Time (Preschool & Younger) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, February 18th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, February 22nd: Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 23rd: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Guidelines in Adrian and Worthington:
- Please continue to distance six feet from non-family members when inside and wear a mask if you are able.
- We have hand sanitizer near the front door. We are spot cleaning throughout the day and after hours.
- In Worthington, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. children under 16 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian. (except during organized activities)
- Please bring exact change, or the nearest dollar amount for copies, scans, faxes, etc. We cannot accept large bills.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library updates.
New at the Library:
- New Books for Adults: “The Summer House” by Lauren K. Denton, “We Run the Tides” by Vendela Vida, “Never Far Away” by Michael Koryta, “The Power Couple” by Alex Berenson and “An Extravagant Death” by Charles Finch
- New Books for Children: “Bug Boys, Outside and Beyond” by Laura Knetzger, “Stick Dog Takes Out Sushi” by Tom Watson, “Simon and Chester, Super Detectives!” by Cale Atkinson, “Noah’s Ark” by Teresa Bateman and “How to Catch a Clover Thief” by Elise Parsley
- New DVDs: “Tenet”, “The War with Grandpa”, “Martin Eden”, “Ava” and “Fatman”
- Fun Fact: As of 2014, the state of New York has the most number of public libraries in the U.S. at 756! Illinois came in second place with 623 public libraries and Texas in third with 548 public libraries.
Friends of the Library:
Book Club: All are welcome to join our book club discussions! Contact the library if you’d like to participate in the Zoom call.
- Monday, February 22nd at 7 p.m.: The book being discussed is “The Vanishing Half” by Brit Bennet.
- Monday, March 29th at 7 p.m.: The book being discussed is “A Gentleman in Moscow” by Amor Towles.