Library News for the Week of February 20, 2023
Winter Reading Program – Adrian & Worthington
- The Winter Reading Program has reached the halfway point! If you haven’t started yet, hurry in to sign up! Congratulations to those who have already completed the program.
- Read twelve books (or audio books/e-books) and bring your punch card back to choose your prize.
- After you’ve turned in your completed card(s), be sure to fill out a raffle ticket for the Grand Prize Drawing! There will be a Grand Prize Drawing for these three categories: Men, Women & Teen.
- Must be at least 16 years old to participate.
Youth Programs – Worthington
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, February 20th: CLOSED for President’s Day.
- Tuesday, February 21st: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 22nd: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, February 23rd: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, February 27th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 28th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Adult Programs – Worthington
- Tuesday, February 28th at 7:00 p.m. – Brian Freeman (virtual event, join us at the library)
- Wednesday, March 8th from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. – “On the Books” with County Attorney, Joseph Sanow
- Wednesday, March 22nd from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. – Springo (bingo)
Nobles County Art Center – Worthington
- Sunday, February 26th from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. – closing reception and award presentation for the “Scenes from Nobles County”. Please join us!
- Attention! Seeking artists to enter in the Annual Area Art Show!
- This is open to anyone who lives in or within 100 miles of Worthington.
- Please e-mail the Art Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in the Art Center to get a form to enter!
- Art Club – if you’re interested in joining the Art Club, we meet the 4th Tuesday of every month at 5:30 p.m. This month the theme is “A Country/Nation”. All are welcome to join!
- The Art Center is located in the basement of the Nobles County Library. It is open Monday-Friday, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Friends of the Library Book Club – Worthington
- Friends of the Library Book Club
- Monday, February 27th at 6:00 p.m. the Friends of the Library Book Club will meet to discuss “The Joy Luck Club” by Amy Tan. All are welcome!
New at the Library
- New Books for Adults: “Code Name Sapphire” by Pam Jenoff, “Secretly Yours” by Tessa Bailey, “The Last Chance Cowboy” by Jody Hedlund, “The House Guest” by Hank Phillippi Ryan, “Someone Else’s Shoes” by Jojo Moyes, “Looking for Jane” by Heather Marshall and “The Answer to Anxiety” by Joyce Meyer
- New Large Print Books: “Lightning in a Mirror” by Jayne Ann Krentz, “The Lady Has a Past” by Amanda Quick
- New Books for Children: “Good Night, Sister” by Katherine Schwarzenegger Pratt, “A Crown for Corina” by Laekan Zea Kemp, “Party Time, Crabby!” by Jonathan Fenske, “Spring Sings for the Grouchy Ladybug” by Eric Carle and “Peach and Plum Rule at School!” by Tim McCanna
- New Audiobook: “Someone Else’s Shoes” by Jojo Moyes