The Nobles County Library (Adrian & Worthington)
will be closed on Monday, February 21st,
in observance of President’s Day.
** Upcoming Author Visit **
- Author Allen Eskens will be at the Nobles County Library on Thursday, March 3rd at 6:30 p.m.!
- Allen Eskens earned his journalism degree from the University of Minnesota and a law degree from Hamline University. After law school he studied creative writing in the M.F.A. program at Minnesota State University – Mankato. Allen now lives with his wife, Joely, in greater Minnesota where he recently retired after practicing criminal law for 25 years.
- Please join us and learn how Allen started his career, how his writing process works and his latest titles.
** Winter Reading Program 2022 – Adrian & Worthington **
- Winter Reading Program:
- The Winter Reading Program has reached the halfway point! If you haven’t started yet, come in to either library branch to sign up and get your punch card. If you’re off to a good start but aren’t quite finished yet, keep up the good work! After reading 12 books (or audiobooks/e-books), bring your completed card back by March 31st to choose your prize. All participants are entered into the grand prize drawing. (must be at least 16 to participate)
** Screen-Free Saturdays in Adrian **
- Every Saturday until May 21st! (excluding holiday weekends)
- For students Kindergarten through 8th Get out of the house and come play games from 10:30 a.m. until noon at the library!
- Bring your favorite board game or play one of ours.
** After-School Programs – Worthington **
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, February 21st: Closed
- Tuesday, February 22nd: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 23rd: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m
Wii U (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, February 24th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, February 28th: Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 1st: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library. Please have your children picked up by 5:00 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events and updates.
** Book Clubs **
- Science Fiction/Fantasy Monthly Book Club:
- Calling all Science Fiction and Fantasy Readers! Join us the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the library.
- We’ll discuss how each of our books connects to the theme of the month and what we liked/disliked about the book.
- Please call 507-295-5340 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.
- Friends of the Library Book Club:
- Monday, February 28th at 6:00 p.m. – the book being discussed is “Bel Canto” by Ann Patchett. All are welcome to join in person at the library or via Zoom. Contact the library if you’d like to participate.
** New at the Library **
- New Books for Adults: “The Cage” by Bonnie Kistler, “The Paris Apartment” by Lucy Foley, “Think of Me” by Frances Liardet, “Our American Friend” by Anna Pitoniak and “This Might Hurt” by Stephanie Wrobel
- New Books for Children: “Twinkle Makes a Wish” by Katharine Holabird and Sarah Warburton, “Mouse Seasons” by Leo Lionni, “Squidding Around: Prank You Very Much” by Kevin Sherry, “Investi Gators: Braver and Boulder” by John Patrick Green and “My Weirder-est School: Mr. Ott Is a Crackpot!” by Dan Gutman
- DVDs: “Encanto”
- Quote: “A child who reads will be an adult who thinks.”