Winter Reading Program – Adrian & Worthington
- The Winter Reading Program is past the halfway point! Congratulations to those who have completed the program.
- Read twelve books (or audio books/e-books) and bring your punch card back to choose your prize.
- After you’ve turned in your completed card(s), be sure to fill out a raffle ticket for the Grand Prize Drawing! There will be a Grand Prize Drawing for these three categories: Men, Women & Teen.
- Must be at least 16 years old to participate.
Youth Programs – Worthington
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, February 27th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 28th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 1st: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, March 2nd: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, March 6th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 7th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Adult Programs – Worthington
- Monday, February 27th from 5:15 to 6:45 p.m. – Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game. Registration is limited to 7 people, ages 16+. Call the library at 507-295-5340 to register!
- Tuesday, February 28th at 7:00 p.m. – Brian Freeman (virtual event, join us at the library)
- Wednesday, March 8th from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. – “On the Books” with County Attorney, Joseph Sanow
- Wednesday, March 22nd from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. – Springo (bingo)
Nobles County Art Center – Worthington
- Attention! Seeking artists to enter in the Annual Area Art Show!
- This is open to anyone who lives in or within 100 miles of Worthington.
- Please e-mail the Art Center at email@example.com or stop in the Art Center to get a form to enter!
- Art Club – if you’re interested in joining the Art Club, we meet the 4th Tuesday of every month at 5:30 p.m. This month the theme is “A Country/Nation”. All are welcome to join!
- The Art Center is located in the basement of the Nobles County Library. It is open Monday-Friday, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
Friends of the Library Book Club – Worthington
- Friends of the Library Book Club
- Monday, February 27th at 6:00 p.m. the Friends of the Library Book Club will meet to discuss “The Joy Luck Club” by Amy Tan. All are welcome!
New at the Library
- New Books for Adults: “The Last Orphan” by Gregg Hurwitz, “The Last Tale of the Flower Bride” by Roshani Chokshi, “The Cliff’s Edge” by Charles Todd, “My Last Innocent Year” Daisy Alpert Florin, “The Sun Walks Down” by Fiona McFarlane, “Overcoming Impossible” by Robert Irvine with Matt Tuthill, “100 Trails 5000 Ideas” by National Geographic, “Mothered” by Zoje Stage, “Death of a Traitor” by M.C. Beaton, “Lying Beside You” by Michael Robotham, “Stone Cold Fox” by Rachel Koller Croft, “Black Wolf” by Kathleen Kent, “Essex Dogs” by Dan Jones, “The Power to Change: Mastering the Habits That Matter Most” by Craig Groeschel and “3 Days To Live” by James Patterson
- New Large Print Books: “The Last Campaign: Sherman, Geronimo and the War for America” by H.W. Brands, “The King: The Life of Charles III” by Christopher Andersen and “3 Days To Live” by James Patterson
- New Books for Children: “My Weirdtastic School: Miss Banks Pulls Lots of Pranks!” by Dan Gutman, “Super Pancake” by Megan Wagner Lloyd, “Eric Loves Animals (Just like you!)” by Eric Carle, “Never Forget Eleanor” by Jason June, “Sometimes It’s Nice To Be Alone” by Amy Hest, “Milo’s Monster” by Tom Percival, “Pick a Perfect Egg” by Patricia Toht, “Good Morning, Good Night” by Anita Lobel, “Cupcake Diaries: Emma on Thin Icing” by Coco Simon and “Rock, Rosetta, Rock! Roll, Rosetta, Roll!” by Tonya Bolden