** The Nobles County Library Presents: Allen Eskens **
- Please join us THIS Thursday (March 3rd) at 6:30 p.m. at the Nobles County Library in Worthington for a visit with author, Allen Eskens!
- Learn how he started his career, how his writing process works and his latest titles.
- Allen grew up in central Missouri but earned his journalism degree from the University of Minnesota and a law degree from Hamline University. After law school he studied creative writing in the M.F.A. program at Minnesota State University – Mankato.
- Allen now lives with his wife, Joely, in greater Minnesota where he recently retired after practicing criminal law for 25 years.
- Mark your calendars and join us!
** Winter Reading Program 2022 – Adrian & Worthington **
- Winter Reading Program:
- The Winter Reading Program has reached the halfway point! If you haven’t started yet, come in to either library branch to sign up and get your punch card. If you’re off to a good start but aren’t quite finished yet, keep up the good work! After reading 12 books (or audiobooks/e-books), bring your completed card back by March 31st to choose your prize. All participants are entered into the grand prize drawing. (must be at least 16 to participate)
** Screen-Free Saturdays in Adrian **
- Every Saturday until May 21st! (excluding holiday weekends)
- For students Kindergarten through 8th Get out of the house and come play games from 10:30 a.m. until noon at the library!
- Bring your favorite board game or play one of ours.
** After-School Programs – Worthington **
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, February 28th: Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 1st: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 2nd: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, March 3rd: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, March 7th: Wii U (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 8th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library. Please have your children picked up by 5:00 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events and updates.
** Book Clubs **
- Science Fiction/Fantasy Monthly Book Club:
- Calling all Science Fiction and Fantasy Readers! Join us the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the library.
- We’ll discuss how each of our books connects to the theme of the month and what we liked/disliked about the book.
- Please call 507-295-5340 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.
- Friends of the Library Book Club:
- Monday, February 28th at 6:00 p.m. – the book being discussed is “Bel Canto” by Ann Patchett. All are welcome to join in person at the library or via Zoom. Contact the library if you’d like to participate.
** New at the Library **
- New Books for Adults: “A Brush With Love” by Mazey Eddings, “Listening Still” by Anne Griffin, “Blue Fire” by John Gilstrap, “Chasing History” by Carl Bernstein and “Amphibians & Reptiles of Minnesota, Wisconsin & Michigan” by Allen Blake Sheldon
- New Books for Children: “Unseen Magic” by Emily Lloyd-Jones, “The Berenstain Bears Meet the Easter Bunny” by Mike Berenstain, “Diary of a Pug: Pug’s Sleepover” by Kyla May, “Good Job, George” by Jane O’Connor and “Owl Diaries: Get Well, Eva” by Rebecca Elliott
- DVDs: “American Underdog”
- Audiobook: “Diablo Mesa” by Preston & Child
- Quote: “If you don’t like to read, you haven’t found the right book.” -J.K. Rowling