Library News for the Week of February 6, 2023
Winter Reading Program – Adrian & Worthington
- The Winter Reading Program has begun and ends March 31st! Come in to either library branch to sign up and get your punch card.
- Read twelve books (or audio books/e-books) and bring your punch card back to choose your prize.
- After you’ve turned in your completed card(s), be sure to fill out a raffle ticket for the Grand Prize Drawing! There will be a Grand Prize Drawing for these three categories: Men, Women & Teen.
- Must be at least 16 years old to participate.
Youth Programs – Worthington
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, February 6th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 7th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 8th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, February 9th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, February 13th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 14th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Upcoming Programs – Worthington
- Tuesday, February 7th at 12:00 p.m. – Jeanne Cooney (virtual event, join us at the library)
- Wednesday, February 8th from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. – Jewelry Making With Myra
- Tuesday, February 14th – at 3:00 p.m. – Lorna Landvik (virtual event, join us at the library)
- Tuesday, February 21st at 7:00 p.m. – Chad Lewis (virtual event, join us at the library)
- Tuesday, February 28th at 7:00 p.m. – Brian Freeman (virtual event, join us at the library)
- Wednesday, March 8th from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. – “On the Books” with County Attorney, Joseph Sanow
- Wednesday, March 22nd from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. – Springo (bingo)
Book Club – Worthington
- Friends of the Library Book Club
- Monday, February 27th at 6:00 p.m. the Friends of the Library Book Club will meet to discuss “The Joy Luck Club” by Amy Tan. All are welcome!
New at the Library
- New Books for Adults: “Finding Joy With an invisible Chronic Illness” by Christopher Martin, “The Midwife’s Touch” by Sue Harrison, “Gooseberry Patch: Mom’s Go-To Recipes”, “Sycamore Circle” by Shelley Shepard Gray, “Gooseberry Patch: Grandma’s Favorites”, “Off The Deep End” by Lucinda Berry, “The Game Is A Footnote” by Vicki Delany, “Easy Cricut Crafts” by Cori George, “Don’t Open the Door” by Allison Brennan, “The End of Drum-Time” by Hanna Pylvainen, “Medicare for You” by Diane J. Omdahl, RN, MS, “Irish Coffee Murder” by Leslie Meier, Lee Hollis and Barbara Ross, “The Devil’s Ransom” by Brad Taylor, “A Courage Undimmed” by Stephanie Graves and “Courtiers: Intrigue, Ambition, and the Power Players Behind the House of Windsor” by Valentine Low
- New Large Print Books: “Attention Span” by Gloria Mark, PhD, “Fen, Bog & Swamp: A Short History of Peatland Destruction and Its Role in the Climate Crisis” by Annie Proulx and “The Good Sister” by Sally Hepworth, “Kidnapped in Texas” by Virginia Vaughan and “Forced to Hide” by Terri Reed
- New Books for Children: “My Little Pony: Sister Switch” by Megan Roth and Agnes Garbowska, “Undies, Please!” by Sumana Seeboruth and Ashleigh Corrin, “The Adventure Friends: Treasure Map” by Brandon Todd, “Shiny Snow Machines” by Tony Mitton and Ant Parker and “Oona in the Arctic” by Kelly DiPucchio
Did You Know?
- The Library of Congress is the largest library in the world with more than 173 million