Library News for the Week of January 11, 2021
The Nobles County Library, 407 12th Street, Worthington, is open
from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday.
The Adrian Branch Library, 214 Main Avenue, Adrian, is open
from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday.
Winter Reading Program 2021:
- The Winter Reading Program is underway! Come in to either library branch (or call if necessary) to sign up and get your punch card. Read twelve books (or audio books/e-books), bring your completed punch card back by March 31st and choose your prize! All participants are entered into the grand prize drawing, which will be drawn on April 1st. To learn more, please visit our website nclibrary.org or call the library. (must be at least 16 to participate)
- Follow us on Facebook! Once you ‘like’ our page you’ll be able to see our latest updates from programs, to events, to holiday closures or weather-related closures. We’re working hard to post more to keep you up-to-date on what’s happening at the libraries!
Happening with Children’s Programming in Worthington:
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up, as class size is limited.
- Monday, January 11th: Just Gurlz (Girls grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 12th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 13th: Story Time (Preschool & Younger) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, January 14th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Guidelines in Adrian and Worthington:
- Please continue to distance six feet from non-family members when inside and wear a mask if you are able.
- We have hand sanitizer near the front door. We are spot cleaning throughout the day and after hours.
- In Worthington, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. children under 16 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian. (except during organized activities)
- Please bring exact change, or the nearest dollar amount for copies, scans, faxes, etc. We cannot accept large bills.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library updates.
New at the Library:
- New Books for Adults: “Keep Sharp; Build a Better Brain at Any Age” by Sanjay Gupta, MD, “Modern Warriors” by Pete Hegseth, “American Traitor” by Brad Taylor, “Pretty Little Wife” by Darby Kane and “Someone to Watch Over Me” by Ace Atkins
- New Books for Children: “Lola’s Super Club; My Dad is a Super Secret Agent” by Christine Beigel and Pierre Fouillet, “A Party to Remember” by Tim Tebow and “Bad Kitty Goes on Vacation” by Nick Bruel
- New Audio Book: “Deadly Cross” by James Patterson
- New DVDs: “The Jetsons” (complete series)
- Quote: “Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.” -W. Fusselman
Friends of the Library:
- Book Club: Monday, January 25th at 7:00 p.m. via Zoom. The book being discussed is “The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks” by Rebecca Skloot. All are welcome to join! Contact the library if you’d like to participate.