Library News for the Week of January 23, 2023
Winter Reading Program – Adrian & Worthington
- The Winter Reading Program has begun and ends March 31st! Come in to either library branch to sign up and get your punch card.
- Read twelve books (or audio books/e-books) and bring your punch card back to choose your prize.
- After you’ve turned in your completed card(s), be sure to fill out a raffle ticket for the Grand Prize Drawing! There will be a Grand Prize Drawing for these three categories: Men, Women & Teen.
- Must be at least 16 years old to participate.
Youth Programs – Worthington
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, January 23rd: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 24th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 25th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, January 26th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, January 30th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 31st: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Upcoming Programs – Worthington
- Wednesday, January 25th from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. – author C.K. Van Dam
- Wednesday, February 1st from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. – genealogist Debbie Boe
- Wednesday, February 8th from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. – Jewelry Making With Myra
- Wednesday, March 8th from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. – “On the Books” with County Attorney, Joseph Sanow
- Wednesday, March 22nd from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. – Springo (bingo)
Book Club – Worthington
- Friends of the Library Book Club
- Monday, January 23rd at 6:00 p.m. the Friends of the Library Book Club will meet to discuss “Black Cake” by Charmaine Wilkerson. All are welcome!
New at the Library
- New Books for Adults: “The Immunity Solution: Seven Weeks to Living Healthier and Longer” by Leo Nissola, MD, “The Nazi Conspiracy: The Secret Plot to Kill Roosevelt, Stalin, and Churchill” by Brad Meltzer and Josh Mensch, “The Night Travelers” by Armando Lucas Correa, “Spare” by Prince Harry, “Just the Nicest Couple” by Mary Kubica, “You Must Remember This” by Kat Rosenfield, “All The Dangerous Things” by Stacy Willingham, “Easy Crochet for Beginners: Learn to Crochet With 35 Simple Projects” by Nicki Trench, “Small World” by Laura Zigman, “Dark of Night” by Colleen Coble, “Alligator Alley” by Mike Lawson, “Hard to Break” by Michael Ledwidge and “The Bluebird Bakery” by Lee Tobin McClain
- New Large Print Books: “Book Lovers” by Emily Henry, “The Golden Couple” by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen, “Beautiful World, Where Are You” by Sally Rooney and “In Five Years” by Rebecca Serle
- New Books for Children: “Horse & Buggy On Ice!” by Ethan Long and “Very Good Hats” by Emma Straub
Did You Know?
- Last year Nobles County Library (Worthington) patrons saved $804,880.01 by using the library and Adrian patrons saved $156,307.14!