Winter Reading Program – Adrian & Worthington
- The Winter Reading Program has begun and ends March 31st! Come in to either library branch to sign up and get your punch card.
- Read twelve books (or audio books/e-books) and bring your punch card back to choose your prize.
- After you’ve turned in your completed card(s), be sure to fill out a raffle ticket for the Grand Prize Drawing! There will be a Grand Prize Drawing for these three categories: Men, Women & Teen.
- Must be at least 16 years old to participate.
Youth Programs – Worthington
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, January 30th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 31st: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 1st: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, February 2nd: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, February 6th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 7th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Upcoming Programs – Worthington
- Wednesday, February 1st from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. – genealogist Debbie Boe
- Wednesday, February 8th from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. – Jewelry Making With Myra
- Wednesday, March 8th from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. – “On the Books” with County Attorney, Joseph Sanow
- Wednesday, March 22nd from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. – Springo (bingo)
Book Club – Worthington
- Friends of the Library Book Club
- Monday, February 27th at 6:00 p.m. the Friends of the Library Book Club will meet to discuss “The Joy Luck Club” by Amy Tan. All are welcome!
New at the Library
- New Books for Adults: “What Lies in the Woods” by Kate Alice Marshall, “All the Dark Places” by Terri Parlato, “The Devil You Know” by P.J. Tracy, “The Skeleton Key” by Erin Kelly, “A Mark of Grace” by Kimberley Woodhouse, “A Gem of Truth” by Kimberley Woodhouse, “The Lipstick Bureau” by Michelle Gable, “The Courtship Plan” by Kathleen Fuller, “Make Your Own Crochet Animals: Create Your Own Unique Animals and Patterns” by Karolina Knapek, “The Forever Family” by Shirley Jump, “Windfall” by Erika Bolstad and “One Last Secret” by Adele Parks
- New Large Print Books: “A Christmas Bargain” by Mindy Obenhaus
- New Books for Children: “Mermaid Days: The Sea Monster” by Kyle Lukoff, “Mermaid Days: The Sunken Ship” by Kyla Lukoff, “The Critter Club: Amy and the Emerald Snake” by Callie Barkley, “Snoopy Soars to Space” by Charles M. Schulz, “The Very Hungry Caterpillar’s Easter Egg Hunt” by Eric Carle, “Ice Cream Man: How Augustus Jackson Made a Sweet Treat Better” by Glenda Armand and Kim Freeman and “I’m Not Small” by Nina Crews
Did You Know?
- The top three circulated audiobooks in 2022 at the Nobles County Library in Worthington were “Criminal Mischief” by Stuart Wood, “Wish You Were Here” by Jodi Picoult and “The Missing Piece” by John Lescroart.