Library News for the Week of January 31, 2022
** Wowbrary **
- We are happy to announce that we now have a weekly newsletter available!
- This newsletter will be e-mailed every Wednesday morning to all patrons that have registered.
- This newsletter will show you at most, 20 Top Choices of new library items.
- Other new items are categorized on the side for easy browsing!
- How do you sign up?
- Visit our website at https://nclibrary.org/wowbrary/ and sign up at the bottom of the page or let us know when you’re at the library checking out items that you want to sign up!
** Winter Reading Program 2022 – Adrian & Worthington **
- Winter Reading Program:
- The Winter Reading Program has begun and goes through March 31st. Please come to either library branch to sign up and get your punch card. Read twelve books (or audiobooks/e-books) and bring your completed punch card to choose your prize! All participants are entered into the grand prize drawing, which will be at the end of the program. (must be at least 16 to participate)
** Upcoming Author Visit **
- Author Allen Eskens will be at the Nobles County Library on Thursday, March 3rd at 6:30 p.m.!
- Allen Eskens earned his journalism degree from the University of Minnesota and a law degree from Hamline University. After law school he studied creative writing in the M.F.A. program at Minnesota State University – Mankato. Allen now lives with his wife, Joely, in greater Minnesota where he recently retired after practicing criminal law for 25 years.
Please join us and learn how Allen started his career, how his writing process works and his latest titles.
** Screen-Free Saturdays in Adrian **
- Every Saturday until May 21st! (excluding holiday weekends)
For students Kindergarten through 8th grade. Get out of the house and come play games from 10:30 a.m. until noon at the library! Bring your favorite board game or play one of ours.
** After-School Programs – Worthington **
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, January 31st: Wii U (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 1st: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, February 2nd: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, February 3rd: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, February 7th: Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 8th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library. Please have your children picked up by 5:00 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events and updates.
** Book Clubs **
- The Nobles County Libraries in Adrian and Worthington would like to work with you to get information out for upcoming programs, author visits and much more!
- Please contact us with your information by calling 507-295-5340 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We look forward to hearing from you and working together!
- Science Fiction/Fantasy Monthly Book Club:
- Calling all Science Fiction and Fantasy Readers! Join us the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the library.
- We’ll discuss how each of our books connects to the theme of the month and what we liked/disliked about the book.
- Please call 507-295-5340 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.
- Friends of the Library Book Club:
- Monday, January 31st at 6:00 p.m. – the book being discussed is “LaRose” by Minnesota author Louise Erdich. All are welcome to join! Contact the library if you’d like to participate.
** New at the Library **
- New Books for Adults: “Violeta” by Isabel Allende, “The Christie Affair” by Nina de Gramont, “A Game of Fear” by Charles Todd, “Mercy Street” by Jennifer Haigh and “It Ends With Us” by Colleen Hoover
- New Books for Children: “I am Golden” by Eva Chen, “Can I have a Turn?” by Norm Feuti, “The Puppy Place – Zig & Zag” by Ellen Miles, “Owly, A Time To Be Brave” by Andy Runton and “The Baby-Sitters Club – Goodbye Stacey, Goodbye” by Gabriela Epstein
- DVDs: “This is Us” (Complete Fifth Season), “Spencer” and “The Magic School Bus Rides Again” (Season Two)
- Quote: “There are many little ways to enlarge your child’s world. Love of books is the best of all.” -Jaqueline Kennedy