Library News for the Week of January 4, 2020
The Nobles County Library, 407 12th Street, Worthington, is open
from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays.
The Adrian Branch Library, 214 Main Avenue, Adrian, is open
from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays.
Winter Reading Program 2021:
- The Winter Reading Program begins January 4th and ends March 31st! Come in to either library branch (or call if necessary) to sign up and get your punch card. Read twelve books (or audio books/e-books) and bring your punch card back to choose your prize! All participants are entered into the grand prize drawing, which will be at the end of the program. To learn more, please visit our website nclibrary.org or call the library. (must be at least 16 to participate)
- Follow us on Facebook! Once you ‘like’ our page you’ll be able to see our latest updates from programs, to events, to holiday closures or weather-related closures. We’re working hard to post more to keep you up-to-date on what’s happening at the libraries!
Happening with Children’s Programming in Worthington:
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up, as class size is limited.
- Monday, January 4th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 5th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 6th: Story Time (Preschool & Younger) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, January 7th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Guidelines in Adrian and Worthington:
- Please continue to distance six feet from non-family members when inside and wear a mask if you are able.
- We have hand sanitizer near the front door. We are spot cleaning throughout the day and after hours.
- In Worthington, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. children under 16 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian. (except during organized activities)
- Please bring exact change, or the nearest dollar amount for copies, scans, faxes, etc. We cannot accept large bills.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library updates.
New at the Library:
- New Books for Adults: “Taste of Home Soups, Stews & More”, “All the Colors of Night” by Jayne Ann Krentz, “Neighbors” by Danielle Steel
- New Books for Children: “History Smashers, Pearl Harbor” by Kate Messner, “Geronimo Stilton, Out of Time, The Eighth Journey Through Time”, “Peppa Pig, Happy Easter!”
- New Audio Book: “Hush-Hush” by Stuart Woods
- Quote: “That moment at 3 a.m. when you whisper to yourself, “I need to stop…” as you turn the page.” – Epic Reads