The Nobles County Library (Adrian & Worthington) will be closed
on Monday, January 16th in observance of
Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Winter Reading Program – Adrian & Worthington
- The Winter Reading Program has begun and ends March 31st! Come in to either library branch to sign up and get your punch card.
- Read twelve books (or audio books/e-books) and bring your punch card back to choose your prize.
- After you’ve turned in your completed card(s), be sure to fill out a raffle ticket for the Grand Prize Drawing! There will be a Grand Prize Drawing for these three categories: Men, Women & Teen.
- Must be at least 16 years old to participate.
Youth Programs – Worthington
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, January 9th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 10th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 11th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, January 12th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, January 16th: CLOSED
- Tuesday, January 17th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Upcoming Programs – Worthington
- Wednesday, January 18th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. – author Mary Yungeberg
- Wednesday, January 25th from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. – author C.K. Van Dam
- Wednesday, February 1st from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. – genealogist Debbie Boe
- Wednesday, February 8th from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. – Jewelry Making With Myra
- Wednesday, March 22nd from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. – Springo (bingo)
Book Club – Worthington
- Friends of the Library Book Club
- Monday, January 23rd at 6:00 p.m. the Friends of the Library Book Club will meet to discuss “Black Cake” by Charmaine Wilkerson. All are welcome!
New at the Library
- New Books for Adults: “An Affair of Spies” by Ronald H. Balson, “Home of the Heart” by Carolyn Brown, “So Long, Chester Wheeler” by Catherine Ryan Hyde, “Virgin River: Paradise Valley” by Robyn Carr, “Better the Blood” by Michael Bennett, “The Last Invitation” by Darby Kane, “The Fall of Númenor” by J.R.R. Tolkien, “The Reluctant Countess” by Eloisa James, “Bad Days for Bad Men” by William W. Johnstone and J.A. Johnstone, “The Vibrant Years” by Sonali Dev, “Prairie Up” by Benjamin Vogt, “Clive Cussler’s Hellburner: A Novel of the Oregon Files” by Mike Maden and “Dr. Colbert’s Healthy Brain Zone” by Don Colbert, MD
- New Large Print Books for Adults: “The Year of the Puppy: How Dogs Become Themselves” by Alexandra Horowitz, “Wise Gals” by Nathalia Holt, “Lightning Down” by Tom Clavin, “Like the Wind” by Robin Lee Hatcher, “A Quilt for Christmas” by Melody Carlson, “The Lost Ticket” by Freya Sampson, “The Other Mrs.” By Mary Kubica, “The Family Upstairs” by Lisa Jewell, “The Woman With the Star” by Pam Jenoff, “The Black Swan of Paris” Karen Robards, “Icebound: Shipwrecked at the Edge of the World” by Andrea Pitzer, “To The Uttermost Ends of the Earth” by Phil Keith with Tom Calvin, “Apples Never Fall” by Liane Moriarty, “Killing Crazy Horse: The Merciless Indian Wars in America” by Bill O’Reilly & Martin Dugard, “Damn Lucky” by Kevin Maurer, “The Madness of Crowds” by Louise Penny, “The Escape Artist” by Jonathan Freedland, “The Marsh Queen” by Virginia Hartman and “The Lost Boys of Montauk” by Amanda M. Fairbanks
- New Books for Children: “Extraordinary Dinosaurs and Other Prehistoric Life – Visual Encyclopedia”, “Those Who Helped Us” by Ken Mochizuki and Kiku Hughes, “Blurp’s Book of Manners” by Cindy Derby and “Waiting on Mr. Sloth” by Katy Hudson
Did You Know?
- The top five adult fiction books checked out in 2022 at the Nobles County Library (Worthington Branch) were: “It Ends With Us” by Colleen Hoover, “The Life We Bury” by Allen Eskens, “Where the Crawdads Sing” by Delia Owens, “The Stolen Hours” by Allen Eskens and “The Wish” by Nicholas Sparks.