** Summer Book Sale – Worthington **
- Our Summer Book Sale is next week! Plan to stop by July 19th – July 24th, during regular business hours on the main level of the library!
- There usually is a variety of adult fiction books, adult science fiction books, adult non-fiction books, young adult books, paperback books, children’s books, audiobooks, CDs and DVDs.
- Watch for the bag sale at the end of the week!
- Our book sales are open to the public – not restricted only to library card users.
** Summer Reading Programs – Worthington **
- The week of July 12th there will be no organized Summer Reading Programs.
- Events available for youth the week of July 12th:
- Outdoor Scavenger Hunt Bingo – Stop by the youth room to pick up your Outdoor Scavenger Hunt Bingo sheet. Find the all the items on the bingo sheet & return to the library on or before July 16, 2021 to earn a library dollar.
- Window I Spy – Window I spy is on the youth room window. Just grab the Window I Spy sheet in the youth room, go outside and see how many of each item on the I Spy sheet you can find. Drop it in the Window I Spy entry container for your chance to win library dollars.
- Story Walk for All Ages – Walk through the story on the library lawn: Have You Got My Purr? Walk through the story outside, pick up a kitten craft from the youth room to make here or at home, then come to the front desk to receive your library dollar.** Youth Programs – Adrian **
- Please stop by the library, call 507-483-2541 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.
- Tuesdays: Read with Mrs. Shateen One-on-One (Elementary Age) – from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Story Time (Preschool – 2nd Grade) – from 12:10 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Games & Crafts (Grades 3rd-7th) – from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
** Upcoming Special Programs **
- July 26th: Treasure Village – all youth ages – 10:00 a.m. at the Adrian Library and 1:00 p.m. in Worthington at the First Lutheran Church
- September 2nd: Pamela Nowak – a Minnesota native – 6:30 p.m. at the Nobles County Library (Worthington)
- Pamela began researching in 2017 about how the women felt about what they went through and how they survived the U.S. – Dakota war. She will be speaking more in depth about her newest novel, “Never let Go, Survival of the Lake Shetek Women”. There will be time at the end for questions. This event is free and open to the public.
- Watch our Facebook page and website for updates and future events!
** New at the Library **
- New Books for Adults: “Silver Tears” by Camilla Lackberg, “The Bone Code” by Kathy Reichs, “An Irish Hostage” by Charles Todd, “The Forest of Vanishing Stars” by Kristin Harmel and “The Cellist” by Daniel Silva
- New Books for Children: “Grumpy Unicorn Saves the World” by Joey Spiotto
- New DVDs: “Sonic Boom, Robot Rising!”, “Sonic Boom, Go Team Sonic!” and “Heartland” (Season 13)
- Minnesota State Park Passes: A free pass may be checked out from Wednesday through Tuesday, perfect for a weekend trip or vacation! You must be a resident of Nobles County, a Plum Creek Library card is required and it must be picked up in person by an adult. Make your reservation for a Minnesota State Park Pass today! Stop by the Worthington or Adrian library, or call for more information.
- Quote: “A great book should leave you with many experiences and slightly exhausted at the end. You should live several lives while reading it.” -William Styron
** Friends of the Library Book Club **
- All are welcome to join the book club discussions! Contact the library if you’d like to participate.
- Monday, July 26 at 7:00 p.m.: The book being discussed is “Bliss” by Minnesota author, Frederick Soukup. Zoom or in-person meeting is yet to be determined.