** Summer Book Sale – Worthington **
- Our Summer Book Sale is THIS week during regular business hours on the main level of the library!
- There usually is a variety of adult fiction books, adult science fiction books, adult non-fiction books, young adult books, paperback books, children’s books, audiobooks, CDs and DVDs.
- Watch for the bag sale at the end of the week!
- Our book sales are open to the public – not restricted only to library card users.
** Summer Reading Programs – Worthington **
- Please stop by the library, call 507-295-5340 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Tuesdays: Teen Summer Reading Program from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Story Time (Preschool – Kindergarten) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesdays: Summer Reading Program (Grades 1st – 3rd) – from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Thursdays: Summer Reading Program (Grades 4th – 5th) – from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Earn library dollars this summer for reading! Every 60 minutes you read or someone reads to you, you will earn one library dollar to spend at the Nobles County Library Store!
** Youth Programs – Adrian **
- Please stop by the library, call 507-483-2541 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.
- Tuesdays: Read with Mrs. Shateen One-on-One (Elementary Age) – from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Story Time (Preschool – 2nd Grade) – from 12:10 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Games & Crafts (Grades 3rd-7th) – from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
** Upcoming Special Programs **
- July 26th: Treasure Village – all youth ages – 10:00 a.m. at the Adrian Library and 1:00 p.m. in Worthington at the First Lutheran Church
- September 2nd: Pamela Nowak – a Minnesota native – 6:30 p.m. at the Nobles County Library (Worthington)
- Pamela began researching in 2017 about how the women felt about what they went through and how they survived the U.S. – Dakota war. She will be speaking more in depth about her newest novel, “Never let Go, Survival of the Lake Shetek Women”. There will be time at the end for questions. This event is free and open to the public.
- Watch our Facebook page and website for updates and future events!
** New at the Library **
- New Books for Adults: “Man With a Past” by Mary Connealy, “The Shadow” by James Patterson and Brian Sitts, “Forever My Own” by Tracie Peterson, “It’s Better This Way” by Debbie Macomber and “False Witness” by Karin Slaughter
- New Books for Children: “Journey Beyond the Burrow” by Rina Heisel, “Snakes Smell With Their Tongues!: And Other Amazing Facts” by Thea Feldman, “Twinkle and the Fairy Flower Garden” by Katharine Holabird, “Baby-Sitters Little Sister, Karen’s Kittycat Club” by Katy Farina and “Ms. Frogbottom’s Field Trips, Fangs for Having Us!” by Nancy Krulik
- New Audiobook: “Dog Eat Dog” by David Rosenfelt
- New DVDs: “A Cinderella Story: Starstruck”, “Space Dogs, Tropical Adventure”, “Defending Jacob” and “The SpongeBob Movie, Sponge on the Run”
- Minnesota State Park Passes: A free pass may be checked out from Wednesday through Tuesday, perfect for a weekend trip or vacation! You must be a resident of Nobles County, a Plum Creek Library card is required and it must be picked up in person by an adult. Make your reservation for a Minnesota State Park Pass today! Stop by the Worthington or Adrian library, or call for more information.
- Quote: “One must always be careful of books and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.” -Cassandra Clare
** Friends of the Library Book Club **
- All are welcome to join the book club discussions! Contact the library if you’d like to participate.
- Monday, July 26 at 7:00 p.m.: The book being discussed is “Bliss” by Minnesota author, Frederick Soukup. Zoom or in-person meeting is yet to be determined.