EXPANDED HOURS at the Adrian Branch Library, 214 Maine Ave., Adrian, is now open from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays.
The Nobles County Library, 407 12th St., Worthington, is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
** The Library is having a Summer Book Sale Monday, July 20th through Friday, July 24th from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the main level of the Worthington library. ** Adult fiction and non-fiction books, paperbacks, young adult books, children’s books, audiobooks, CDs and DVDs!
The Library will soon have a new offering, Mobile Internet Hotspots. A mobile Internet hotspot uses cellular access to create a WiFi connection, allowing people to connect to the Internet where there is not typically strong, or any, WiFi access. Hotspots can be checked out by any adult library card holder in good standing. They may not be placed on hold, are checked out just one week, and cannot be renewed. This program is partially funded with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education using federal funding, CFDA 45.310, Library Services and Technology Act (LS-00-19-0024-19) Grants to States.
Happening with children’s programming in Worthington:
- Story Time (Preschool-Kindergarten) – Wednesdays from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- 1st-3rd Grade – Wednesdays from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- 4th & 5th Grades – Thursdays from 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Teens – Tuesdays from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Space is limited – please call the library to sign up. Additional program times will be added if there is interest!
- July 20-31st – window “I Spy” – this is an outdoor activity for all grades. Stop by the youth room for your I Spy list and let the search begin!
- Bingo Scavenger Hunt – this is a weekly outdoor activity for all grades. On Mondays stop by the youth room for your bingo sheet and see if you can get a bingo or work for a black out! Spend the week finding the items in your backyard, neighborhood or around town. Remember to turn in your Bingo sheet for a prize!
Happening at Worthington and Adrian:
- Please limit yourself to one visit per day, and maintain a distance of six feet from non-family members when inside.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian (except during organized programming activities).
- We have temporary masks and hand sanitizer near the front door. We are spot cleaning throughout the day and after hours.
- Please bring exact change, or the nearest dollar amount, for copies, scans, faxes, etc.
- View all library events and updates at nclibrary.org.
New Books: “The Order” by Daniel Silva, “A Walk Along The Beach” by Debbie Macomber, “Cajun Justice” by James Patterson and Tucker Axum, “Half Moon Bay” by Jonathan and Jesse Kellerman, “The Revelators” by Ace Atkins, “Dragon Fire” by Ted Bell and “Utopia Avenue” by David Mitchell
New Audios: “Muzzled” by David Rosenfelt and “The Warning” by James Patterson with Robison Wells
New DVDs: “Modern Family” (Season 11 – final season) and “Trauma Center”
Fun Fact: Our patrons have saved a lot of money by using our libraries! For the first six months of 2020, Adrian patrons have saved $39,142.65 and Worthington patrons $368,180.40.