** Summer Reading Programs for Children – Worthington **
- The Summer Reading Program goes through the first week of August! This year’s theme is “Read beyond the beaten path.”
- Tuesdays: Teen Summer Reading Program from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Story Time (Preschool – Kindergarten) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesdays: Summer Reading Program (Grades 1st – 3rd) – from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Thursdays: Summer Reading Program (Grades 4th – 5th) – from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library.
- ** Earn library dollars this summer for reading! Every 60 minutes you read or someone reads to you, you will earn one library dollar to spend at the Nobles County Library Store!
** Special Events – Worthington **
- All ages are welcome!
- Summer Reading Carnival – end the Summer Reading Program by playing games and buying prizes at the Library Store!
- Wednesday, August 10th from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. on the Nobles County lawn
** Summer Programs for Children – Adrian **
- The Summer Reading Program goes through August.
- Story Time – Children are invited to listen to stories, sing songs and learn rhymes that spark a love of reading and learning!
- Every Wednesday in July and August
- From 12:10 – 12:50 p.m.
- Art with McKenzie – Students will gain creative confidence and have fun as McKenzie share her talent and passion for art!
- Wednesday, August 3rd and 17th
- From 1:00 – 2:15 p.m.
- Fun at the Library – There will be a variety of activities from crafts to bingo and board games!
- Wednesday July 27th/August 10th, 24th and 31st
- From 1:00 – 2:15 p.m.
- All events are free and open to the public.
- Don’t forget to record your reading in your Summer Log! Stop in the library to pick up your weekly prizes.
** Book Club – Worthington **
- Science Fiction/Fantasy Monthly Book Club:
- Please join us Wednesday, August 10th at 5 p.m. in the library’s Program Room!
- This Month’s Topic = Hard Fantasy: When an author applies logic and rules into creating a Magic System that the world and its characters strictly follow to conduct magical feats. Instead of only focusing on expanding the world through multiple books they also focus within and dig deeper into why and how things work. Some examples are: Wheel of Time series, Lord of the Rings, The Way of the King or The Dying Earth.
** A Note from the Library Director **
- The Nobles County Library is looking for historical, cultural or personal collections to fill our display case in our entryway! Items will be on display in this locked case for one month. If you would like to show off your collection, please speak to Beth to make arrangements.
** Monthly Book Display **
- Each month a theme is chosen and displayed out front! We’ve featured books about graduation, Spanish language books and this month features Graphic Novels. Come take a look and watch for next month’s theme!