** Summer Reading Programs – Worthington **
- Please stop by the library, call 507-295-5340 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.
- Tuesdays: Teen Summer Reading Program from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Downtown Scavenger Hunt!)
- Wednesdays: Story Time (Preschool – Kindergarten) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesdays: Summer Reading Program (Grades 1st – 3rd) – from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Thursdays: Summer Reading Program (Grades 4th – 5th) – from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Summer Reading Carnival on Wednesday, August 11th from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. – for kids of all ages – come play games, win prizes and enjoy some treats!
** Youth Programs – Adrian **
- Please stop by the library, call 507-483-2541 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Tuesdays: Read with Mrs. Shateen One-on-One (Elementary Age) – from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Story Time (Preschool – 2nd Grade) – from 12:10 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Games & Crafts (Grades 3rd-7th) – from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
** Upcoming Special Programs **
- July 26th: Treasure Village – all youth ages – 10:00 a.m. at the Adrian Library and 1:00 p.m. in Worthington at the First Lutheran Church
- September 2nd: Pamela Nowak – a Minnesota native – 6:30 p.m. at the Nobles County Library (Worthington)
- Pamela began researching in 2017 about how the women felt about what they went through and how they survived the U.S. – Dakota war. She will be speaking more in depth about her newest novel, “Never let Go, Survival of the Lake Shetek Women”. There will be time at the end for questions. This event is free and open to the public.
- Watch our Facebook page and website for updates and future events!
** New at the Library **
- New Books for Adults: “Murder at the Lakeside Library” by Holly Danvers, “The Other Passenger” by Louise Candlish, “A Deadly Deletion” by Lorna Barrett, “The Women’s March” by Jennifer Chiaverini and “Robert Ludlum’s The Bourne Treachery” by Brian Freeman
- New Books for Children: “Sing with Me, The Story of Selena Quintanilla” by Diana Lopez, “Pup Detectives, Ghosts, Goblins and Ninjas!” by Felix Gumpaw, “Clash” by Kayla Miller, “Sixth-Grade Alien, Too Many Aliens” by Bruce Coville and “Screen Time is Not Forever” by Elizabeth Verdick
- New Audiobook: “Nine Lives” by Danielle Steel
- Minnesota State Park Passes: A free pass may be checked out from Wednesday through Tuesday, perfect for a weekend trip or vacation! You must be a resident of Nobles County, a Plum Creek Library card is required and it must be picked up in person by an adult. Make your reservation for a Minnesota State Park Pass today! Stop by the Worthington or Adrian library, or call for more information.
- Quote: “To ask why we need libraries at all, when there is so much information available elsewhere, is about as sensible as asking if roadmaps are necessary now that there are so very many roads.” – Jon Bing
** Friends of the Library Book Club **
- All are welcome to join the book club discussions! Contact the library if you’d like to participate.
- Monday, July 26 at 7:00 p.m.: The book being discussed is “Bliss” by Minnesota author, Frederick Soukup. Zoom or in-person meeting is yet to be determined.