The Nobles County Library, 407 12th St., Worthington, is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Adrian Branch Library, 214 Maine Ave., Adrian, open from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays.
Happening with children’s programming in Worthington:
- Story Time (Preschool-Kindergarten) – Wednesdays from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- 1st-3rd Grade – Wednesdays from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- 4th & 5th Grades – Thursdays from 1 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- Teens – Tuesdays from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
- Space is limited – please call the library to sign up. Additional program times will be added if there is interest!
- July 20-31st – window “I Spy” – this is an outdoor activity for all grades. Stop by the youth room for your I Spy list and let the search begin!
- Bingo Scavenger Hunt – this is a weekly outdoor activity for all grades. On Mondays stop by the youth room for your bingo sheet and see if you can get a bingo or work for a black out! Spend the week finding the items in your backyard, neighborhood or around town. Remember to turn in your Bingo sheet for a prize!
Happening at Worthington and Adrian:
- Please limit yourself to one visit per day, and maintain a distance of six feet from non-family members when inside.
- Children under 16 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian (except during organized programming activities).
- We have temporary masks and hand sanitizer near the front door. We are spot cleaning throughout the day and after hours.
- Please bring exact change, or the nearest dollar amount, for copies, scans, faxes, etc.
- View all library events and updates at nclibrary.org.
New Device: The Library has a new offering, Mobile Internet Hotspots. A mobile Internet hotspot uses cellular access to create a WiFi connection, allowing people to connect to the Internet where there is not typically strong, or any, WiFi access. Hotspots can be checked out by any adult library card holder in good standing. They may not be placed on hold, are checked out just one week, and cannot be renewed. This program is partially funded with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education using federal funding, CFDA 45.310, Library Services and Technology Act (LS-00-19-0024-19) Grants to States.
New Books: “Deadlock” by Catherine Coulter, “Deadly Touch” by Heather Graham, “The Friendship List” by Susan Mallery, “Playing Nice” by JP Delaney and “The Ultimate Betrayal” by Kat Martin
New Audios: “What You Wish For” By Katherine Center and “The Lost and Found Bookshop” by Susan Wiggs
Fun Fact: In the last six months, these are the top eight circulating books in Worthington: “Where The Crawdads Sing” by Delia Owens, “This Tender Land” by William Kent Kruger, “Educated” by Tara Westover, “Dog Man” By Dav Pilkey, “Giver of Stars” by Jojo Moyes, “Moral Compass” by Danielle Steel, “Thief River Falls” by Brian Freeman and “Long Range” by C.J. Box.