Library News for the Week of July 5, 2021
** Summer Book Sale – Worthington **
- Our Summer Book Sale is coming up soon! Plan to stop by July 19th – July 24th, during regular business hours on the main level of the library!
- There usually is a variety of adult fiction books, adult science fiction books, adult non-fiction books, young adult books, paperback books, children’s books, audiobooks, CDs and DVDs.
- Watch for the bag sale at the end of the week!
- Our book sales are open to the public – not restricted only to library card users.
** Summer Reading Programs – Worthington **
- Please stop by the library, call 507-295-5340 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.
- Tuesdays: Teen Summer Reading Program from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Story Time (Preschool – Kindergarten) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesdays: Summer Reading Program (Grades 1st – 3rd) – from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Thursdays: Summer Reading Program (Grades 4th – 5th) – from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Earn library dollars this summer for reading! Every 60 minutes you read or someone reads to you, you will earn one library dollar to spend at the Nobles County Library Store!
** Youth Programs – Adrian **
- Please stop by the library, call 507-483-2541 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Tuesdays: Read with Mrs. Shateen One-on-One (Elementary Age) – from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Story Time (Preschool – 2nd Grade) – from 12:10 p.m. – 12:50 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Games & Crafts (Grades 3rd-7th) – from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
** Upcoming Special Programs **
- July 26th: Treasure Village – all youth ages – 10:00 a.m. at the Adrian Library and 1:00 p.m. in Worthington at the First Lutheran Church
- September 2nd: Pamela Nowak – a Minnesota native – 6:30 p.m. at the Nobles County Library (Worthington)
- Pamela began researching in 2017 about how the women felt about what they went through and how they survived the U.S. – Dakota war. She will be speaking more in depth about her newest novel, “Never let Go, Survival of the Lake Shetek Women”. There will be time at the end for questions. This event is free and open to the public.
- Watch our Facebook page and website for updates and future events!
** New at the Library **
- New Books for Adults: “When I Found You” by Brenda Novak, “The Letter Keeper” by Charles Martin, “The Grandmother Plot” by Caroline B. Cooney, “Pup Fiction” by Laurien Berenson, “What’s Done in Darkness” by Laura McHugh and “The House Guests” by Emilie Richards
- New DVDs: “Raya and the Last Dragon”, “Godzilla Vs. Kong”, “Llama Llama, Llama Family Vacation!” and Fuller House (Fifth and Final Season)
- Minnesota State Park Passes: A free pass may be checked out from Wednesday through Tuesday, perfect for a weekend trip or vacation! You must be a resident of Nobles County, a Plum Creek Library card is required and it must be picked up in person by an adult. Make your reservation for a Minnesota State Park Pass today! Stop by the Worthington or Adrian library, or call for more information.
- Quote: “The book to read is not the one that thinks for you but the one which makes you think.” -Harper Lee
** Friends of the Library Book Club **
- All are welcome to join the book club discussions! Contact the library if you’d like to participate.
- Monday, July 26 at 7:00 p.m.: The book being discussed is “Bliss” by Minnesota author, Frederick Soukup. Zoom or in-person meeting is yet to be determined.