Library News for the Week of March 1, 2021
The Nobles County Library, 407 12th Street, Worthington, is open from
9 a.m. to 6 p.m.Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday.
The Adrian Branch Library, 214 Main Avenue, Adrian, is open from
12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday.
Expanded Hours Coming Soon:
- Starting the week of March 15th, the Nobles County Library in Worthington will return to normal hours! Hours will be Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Also starting the week of March 15th, the Adrian Branch Library will be expanding hours to Monday – Thursday 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., Friday 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Please continue to distance six feet from non-family members when inside and wear a mask if you are able.
- There is hand sanitizer near the front door and we will continue spot cleaning throughout the day as well as after hours.
Winter Reading Program 2021:
- The Winter Reading Program is nearing the end! If you haven’t started yet, come in to either library branch (or call if necessary) to sign up and get your punch card. If you’re off to a good start but aren’t quite finished yet, keep up the good work! Finish reading twelve books (or audio books/e-books), bring your completed punch card back by March 31st and choose your prize. All participants are entered into the grand prize drawing, which will be drawn on April 1st. (must be at least 16 to participate)
Happening with Children’s Programming in Worthington:
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up, as class size is limited.
- Monday, March 1st: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 2nd: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 3rd: Story Time (Preschool & Younger) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, March 4th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, March 8th: Just Gurlz (Girls grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 9th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
New at the Library:
- There are new shelves by the front desk just for new materials! New adult books, all new DVDs and all audiobooks will be on these shelves. New books for the children are in the divided bin in the Children’s Room. There are new materials added each week!
- New Books for Adults: “The Librarian of Boone’s Hollow” by Kim Vogel Sawer, “Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Murder” by Joanne Fluke, “From This Moment” by Kim Vogel Sawyer, “Flowers of Darkness” by Tatiana De Rosnay, “The Kaiser’s Web” by Steve Berry and “The Spymaster of Baghdad” by Margaret Coker
- New Books for Children: “InvestiGators off the Hook”, “Raging Raptors!” and “Odd Ocean!”
- New DVDs: “A Call to Spy”
- Fun Fact: In 2020, the top three circulated movies at the Nobles County Library (Worthington) were Frozen 2, Little Women and Yellowstone.
Friends of the Library:
- Book Club: All are welcome to join the book club discussions! Contact the library if you’d like to participate in the Zoom call.
- Monday, March 29th at 7 p.m.: The book being discussed is “A Gentleman in Moscow” by Amor Towles.