Winter Reading Program – Adrian & Worthington
- The Winter Reading Program is done next week! Please turn in your completed cards by Friday, March 31st.
- After you’ve turned in your completed card(s), be sure to fill out a raffle ticket for the Grand Prize Drawing! There will be a Grand Prize Drawing for these three categories: Men, Women & Teen.
Youth Programs – Worthington
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, March 20th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 21st: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 22nd: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, March 23rd: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, March 27th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 28th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Adult Programs – Worthington
- Every Monday through May 22nd from 5:15 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. – Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game – please call or stop in to register!
- Wednesday, March 22nd from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. – Springo (bingo)
- Friday, April 14th from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. – Skally Line
- Wednesday, April 19th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. – Mary Yungeberg
- Saturday, April 29th from 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. – Door Hanger Craft – must pre-register, there is limited space!
Nobles County Art Center – Worthington
- Now Showing: The Worthington High School Student Art Show. Hours are 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. weekdays, Tuesdays 12:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- Attention! Seeking artists to enter in the Annual Area Art Show!
- This is open to anyone who lives in or within 100 miles of Worthington.
- Please e-mail the Art Center at email@example.com or stop in the Art Center to get a form to enter!
- If interested, contact the Art Center SOON!
- Art Club – if you’re interested in joining the Art Club, we meet the 4th Tuesday of every month at 5:30 p.m.
- The next Art Club theme is Folded Paper and we will also do some Gelli Printing! Join us on Tuesday, March 28th at 5:30 p.m. – all are welcome!
- The Art Center is located in the basement of the Nobles County Library.
- Hours are: Monday-Friday, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-372-8245
Friends of the Library Book Club – Worthington
- Friends of the Library Book Club
- Monday, March 27th at 6:00 p.m. – we will be discussing the book “Lessons in Chemistry” by Bonnie Garmus.
- Looking ahead, April’s book selection is “The Seed Keeper” by Diane Wilson.
- Please join us in person at the library or on Zoom! All are welcome.
New at the Library
- New Books for Adults: “The Keeper of Stories” by Sally Page, “Massacre in Minnesota: The Dakota War of 1862, the Most Violent Ethnic Conflict in American History” by Gary Clayton Anderson, “The Librarian of Crooked Lane” by C.J. Archer, “Buried Secrets: Looking for Frank and Ida” by Anne Hanson, “Nantucket Homes” by Pamela Kelley and “My Name is Ona Judge” by Suzette D. Harrison
- New Large Print Books: “Bound by a Secret” by Jolene Navarro and “Encore in Death” by J.D. Robb
- New Books in Spanish for Adults: “Cuando los deseos se hacen realidad” by Nicholas Sparks and “Vuela lejos” by Kristin Hannah
- New Books for Children: “Everybody Says Meow” by Constance Lombardo, “The Very Sleepy Sloth” by Andrew Murray, “Don’t Count Your Chicks” by Ingri & Edgar Parin D’aulaire, “Finding Family: The Duckling Raised by Loons” by Laura Purdie Salas, “Grumpy Money: The Egg-Sitter” by Suzanne Lang, “Ada Lovelace and the Start of Computers” by Jordi Bayarri, “The Puppy Place – Where Every Puppy Finds a Home: Barkeley” by Ellen Miles and “Mermaid Days: A New Friend” by Kyla Kukoff
- New Audiobooks: “The Levee” by William Kent Krueger and “Storm Watch” by C.J. Box