Library News for the Week of March 27, 2023
Winter Reading Program – Adrian & Worthington
- The Winter Reading Program is done THIS week! Please turn in your completed cards by Friday, March 31st.
- After you’ve turned in your completed card(s), be sure to fill out a raffle ticket for the Grand Prize Drawing! There will be a Grand Prize Drawing for these three categories: Men, Women & Teen.
- Thank you for participating!
Youth Programs – Worthington
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, March 27th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 28th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 29th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, March 30th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, April 3rd: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 4th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Adult Programs – Worthington
- Every Monday through May 22nd from 5:15 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. – Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game – please call or stop in to register!
- Friday, April 14th from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. – Skally Line
- Wednesday, April 19th from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. – Mary Yungeberg
- Saturday, April 29th from 9:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. – Door Hanger Craft – must pre-register, there is limited space!
Nobles County Art Center – Worthington
- Now Showing: The Worthington High School Student Art Show
- Hours for this show are 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. weekdays, Tuesdays 12:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- This show goes through March 28th
- Coming Soon: Annual Area Art Show
- This show opens on Sunday, April 2nd from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m., with the Juror Critique at 3:00 p.m.
- This show is on display until June 30th
- Art Club – if you’re interested in joining the Art Club, we meet the 4th Tuesday of every month at 5:30 p.m.
- The next Art Club theme is Folded Paper and we will also do some Gelli Printing! Join us on Tuesday, March 28th at 5:30 p.m.
- All are welcome!
- The Art Center is located in the basement of the Nobles County Library.
- Hours are: Monday-Friday, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-372-8245
Friends of the Library Book Club – Worthington
- Friends of the Library Book Club
- Monday, March 27th at 6:00 p.m. – we will be discussing the book “Lessons in Chemistry” by Bonnie Garmus.
- Looking ahead, April’s book selection is “The Seed Keeper” by Diane Wilson.
- Please join us in person at the library or on Zoom! All are welcome.
New at the Library
- New Books for Adults: “The Angel Makers” by Patti McCracken, “Once We Were Home” by Jennifer Rosner, “Paris: The Memoir” by Paris Hilton, “Belonging: A Daughter’s Search for Identity Through Loss and Love” by Michelle Miller, “He Said He Would Be Late” by Justine Sullivan and “Wolf Trap” by Connor Sullivan
- New Large Print Books for Adults: “Fields of Bounty” by Lauraine Snelling with Kiersti Giron, “His Alaskan Redemption” by Heidi McCahan and “Falling for the Amish Bad Boy” by Emma Miller
- New Books for Children: “This Is a Story” by John Schu, “Elmer and the Gift” by David McKee, “Party Hearty Kitty-Corn” by Shannon Hale and Leuyen Pham, “One Day” by Joanna Ho, “Lost Cat!” by Jacqueline K. Rayner, “In the Palm of My Hand” by Jennifer Raudenbush and “How to Talk Like a Bear” by Charlie Grandy
- New DVDs: “The Old Way”, “Devotion”, “The Whale”, “The Walking Dead” (Season 11), “Moonrise”, “A Man Called Otto” and “All Creatures Great & Small” (Season 3)