Nobles County Library – 407 12th Street – Worthington
Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Adrian Branch Library – 214 Maine Avenue – Adrian
Monday – Thursday: 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday: 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Winter Reading Program 2021:
- The Winter Reading Program ends on Wednesday, March 31st! All participants of the program have been entered into the grand prize drawing, which will be on Thursday, April 1st. Thank you for participating!
Spring Book Sale 2021:
- The Spring Book Sale date has been set! Come to the book sale Monday, April 19th – Saturday, April 24th, during regular business hours on the main level of the Worthington library!
- There usually is a variety of adult fiction books, adult non-fiction books, young adult books, paperback books, children’s books, audiobooks, CDs and DVDs. There will be a good variety of adult science fiction books at this book sale as well.
- Watch for the bag sale at the end of the week!
Easter Party for Grades K-5:
- Join the fun at the Nobles County Library on Thursday, April 1, 2021 OR Friday, April 2, 2021 for an Easter Party!
- Please call 507-295-5340 or stop by the library to register for one of the parties on or before March 30, 2021.
- Party dates and times:
- Thursday, April 1st – 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. or 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 2nd – 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. or 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Happening with Children’s Programming in Worthington:
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up.
- Monday, March 29th: Wii U (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 30th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 31st: Story Time (Preschool & Younger) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, April 1st: Easter Party (call or stop by the library to register for a time by March 30th)
- Friday, April 2nd: Easter Party (call or stop by the library to register for a time by March 30th)
- Monday, April 5th: Just Gurlz (Girls grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 6th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
New at the Library:
- New Books for Adults: “The Palm Beach Murders” by James Patterson, “The Unbroken” by C.L. Clark, “You’ll Thank Me For This” by Nina Siegal, “It All Falls Down” by Denise Grover Swank and “Red Widow” by Alma Katsu
- New DVDs: “Wild Mountain Thyme”, “Wander”, “Hero Dog, The Journey Home” and “The War and Peace of Tim O’Brien” (DVD biography of our hometown author, Tim O’Brien!)
- New Audios: “The Affair” by Danielle Steel and “Meant To Be” by Jude Deveraux
- New Books for Children: “Outside, Inside” by LeUyen Pham, “Daisy” by Jessixa Bagley, “Groundhog’s Runaway Shadow” by David Biedrzycki
- Fun Fact: One of the first stories written on a typewriter was “The Adventures of Tom Sawyer” by Mark Twain.
Friends of the Library:
- Book Club: All are welcome to join the book club discussions! Contact the library if you’d like to participate in the Zoom call.
- Monday, March 29th at 7 p.m.: The book being discussed is “A Gentleman in Moscow” by Amor Towles.