Library News for the Week of March 6, 2023
Winter Reading Program – Adrian & Worthington
- The Winter Reading Program is past the halfway point! Congratulations to those who have completed the program.
- Read twelve books (or audio books/e-books) and bring your punch card back to choose your prize.
- After you’ve turned in your completed card(s), be sure to fill out a raffle ticket for the Grand Prize Drawing! There will be a Grand Prize Drawing for these three categories: Men, Women & Teen.
- Must be at least 16 years old to participate.
Youth Programs – Worthington
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, March 6th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 7th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 8th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, March 9th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, March 13th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 14th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Adult Programs – Worthington
- Wednesday, March 8th from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. – “On the Books” with County Attorney, Joseph Sanow
- Wednesday, March 22nd from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. – Springo (bingo)
Nobles County Art Center – Worthington
- Attention! Seeking artists to enter in the Annual Area Art Show!
- This is open to anyone who lives in or within 100 miles of Worthington.
- Please e-mail the Art Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in the Art Center to get a form to enter!
- Art Club – if you’re interested in joining the Art Club, we meet the 4th Tuesday of every month at 5:30 p.m. All are welcome to join!
- The Art Center is located in the basement of the Nobles County Library. It is open Monday-Friday, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
New at the Library
- New Books for Adults: “A Calder at Heart” by Janet Dailey, “White Smoke” by John Gilstrap, “The Writing Retreat” by Julia Bartz, “The Last Kingdom” by Steve Berry, “Younger Forever: The Secrets to Living Your Longest Healthiest Life” by Mark Hyman, MD, “Forged in Love” by Mary Connealy, “The Emotional Lives of Teenagers: Raising Connected, Capable, and Compassionate Adolescents” Lisa Damour, Ph.D., “I have Some Questions For You” by Rebecca Makkai, “The Widow’s Hidden Past” Rebecca Kertz and “Best Served Hot” by Amanda Elliot
- New Books for Children: “Donald’s Happiest Adventures” by Lewis Trondheim and “Whale Done” by Stuart Gibbs