The Nobles County Library, 407 12th Street, Worthington, is open from
9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday.
The Adrian Branch Library, 214 Main Avenue, Adrian, is open from
12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Friday.
Expanded Hours Coming Soon:
- Starting the week of March 15th, the Nobles County Library in Worthington will return to normal hours! Hours will be Monday – Thursday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Also starting the week of March 15th, the Adrian Branch Library will be expanding hours to Monday – Thursday 12 p.m. to 6 p.m., Friday 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Please continue to distance six feet from non-family members when inside and wear a mask if you are able.
- There is hand sanitizer near the front door and we will continue spot cleaning throughout the day as well as after hours.
Winter Reading Program 2021:
- The Winter Reading Program is nearing the end! If you’re off to a good start but aren’t quite finished yet, keep up the good work! Finish reading twelve books (or audio books/e-books), bring your completed punch card back by March 31st and choose your prize. All participants are entered into the grand prize drawing, which will be drawn on April 1st. (must be at least 16 to participate)
Happening with Children’s Programming in Worthington:
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up, as class size is limited.
- Monday, March 8th: Just Gurlz (Girls grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 9th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 10th: Story Time (Preschool & Younger) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, March 11th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, March 15th: Wii U (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 16th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
New at the Library:
- There are new shelves by the front desk just for new materials! New adult books, all new DVDs and all audiobooks will be on these shelves. New books for the children are in the divided bin in the Children’s Room. There are new materials added each week!
- New Books for Adults: “The Imposter” by Marin Montgomery, “The Robin’s Greeting” by Wanda E. Brunstetter, “To Catch a Dream” by Audrey Carlan, “The Rose Code” by Kate Quinn, “Meant To Be” by Jude Deveraux
- New Books for Children: “A Day on the Farm with The Very Hungry Caterpillar”, “Go, Go, Tractors!”, “National Geographic Kids – Wild Vet Adventures”, “Treemendous” and “Peppa Pig and the Earth Day Adventure”
- Fun Fact: Patrons of the Nobles County Library (Worthington) have saved $147,224.35 by using the library so far this year!
Friends of the Library:
- Book Club: All are welcome to join the book club discussions! Contact the library if you’d like to participate in the Zoom call.
- Monday, March 29th at 7 p.m.: The book being discussed is “A Gentleman in Moscow” by Amor Towles.