Youth Programs – Worthington
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, May 1st: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 2nd: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 3rd: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, May 4th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, May 8th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 9th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Adult Programs – Worthington
- Every Monday through May 22nd from 5:15 p.m. – 6:45 p.m. – Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game – please call or stop in to register!
- Tuesday, May 9th from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. – Doug Ohman – photographer, public speaker and historian
- Stay tuned for June programs – we have a full schedule for you!
Nobles County Art Center – Worthington
- Now Showing: Annual Area Art Show
- This show opened on April 2nd and is on display until June 30th – come view local artist’s work!
- Art Club – if you’re interested in joining the Art Club, we meet the 4th Tuesday of every month at 5:30 p.m.
- There is no cost to join and we have fun – all are welcome!
- The Art Center is located in the basement of the Nobles County Library.
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Contact information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 507-372-8245
Friends of the Library Book Club – Worthington
- Friends of the Library Book Club
- Monday, May 22nd at 6:00 p.m. – we will be discussing the book “The Blackout Book Club” by Amy Lynn Green.
- Please join us in person at the library or on Zoom! All are welcome.
Did You Know?
- Did you know…that the Nobles County Library in Worthington has VOX Books for kids? A VOX book is a hardcover book that has an attached audio system. All you have to do is push play to read and listen along with the book!
- We currently have:
- “Pete the Cat’s Groovy Imagination” by Kimberly & James Dean in English
- “The Wheels: The Friendship Race” by Inna Nusinsky in Arabic and English
- “I Love to Help” by Shelley Admont in Tagalog and English
- “Goodnight, My Love!” by Shelley Admont in Tagalog and English
- “The Party for Papá Luis” by Diane Gonzales Bertrand in Spanish and English
- Come check them out!
- We currently have:
New at the Library
- New Books for Adults: “Things I Wish I Told My Mother” by Susan Patterson and Susan DiLallo with James Patterson, “The Enigma of Garlic” by Alexander McCall Smith, “Everything She Feared” by Rick Mofina, “Breaking New Ground” by Amy Clipston, “Dark Angel” by John Sandford, “My Heart Will Find You” by Jude Deveraux, “Truly Simple” by Kristin Cavallari and “The Fourth Enemy” by Anne Perry
- New Large Print Books for Adults: “Wonderdog: The Science of Dogs and Their Unique Friendship with Humans” by Jules Howard, “Pinecraft Refuge” by Lenora Worth, “Her Alaskan Return” by Belle Calhoune, “Downriver South” by Greg Hunt and “The Swedish Art of Aging Exuberantly: Life Wisdom from Someone Who Will (Probably) Die Before You” by Margareta Magnusson
- New Audiobooks: “I Will Find You” by Harlan Coben and “Countdown” by James Patterson
- New DVD: “Maybe I Do” with Diane Keaton, Richard Gere, Susan Sarandon, Emma Roberts, Luke Bracey and William H. Macy
- New Books for Children: “Maisy’s Ambulance” by Lucy Cousins, “B is for Bedtime Bananas” by Carrie Tillotson, “The Loud Librarian” by Jenna Beatrice, Plátanos Are Love” by Alyssa Reynoso-Morris, “Dogs: A History of Our Best Friends” by Lita Judge