Library News for the Week of May 22, 2023
Youth After School Programs – Worthington
- Monday, May 22nd: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 23rd: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 24th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Thursday, May 25th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- We have reached the end of the after school programs! Thank you for your participation and for making it another great year. We hope to see you at the Summer Reading Programs!
Adult Programs – Worthington
- Please mark your calendars with these events and join us!
- Wednesday, June 7th: Board Game Night from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. – we will have games to play or bring your own
- Wednesday, June 14th: author Carol Blackford from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. – a Minnesota-born author and educator
- Tuesday, June 20th: Paper Plains from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. – interactive program to create paper from invasive plants
- Wednesday, June 21st: paranormal investigator Adrian Lee from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at the Worthington Cemetery (2195 Nobles Street) – learn about the symbolism of art in the cemetery
- Tuesday, June 27th: Yoga with Melissa from 10:00 to 10:45 a.m. – on the library lawn
- Tuesday, June 27th: author/forensic psychologist Frank Weber – 4:00 to 6:00 p.m. Frank will answer questions, sign and sell his books, discuss the latest forensic tools and perform a live demonstration of a lie detector test. From 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. Frank will speak about his latest book.
Nobles County Art Center – Worthington
- Now Showing: Annual Area Art Show
- This show opened on April 2nd and is on display until June 30th – come view local artist’s work!
- Art Club – if you’re interested in joining the Art Club, we meet the 4th Tuesday of every month at 5:30 p.m.
- There is no cost to join and we have fun – all are welcome!
- The Art Center is located in the basement of the Nobles County Library.
- Hours: Monday-Friday, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Contact information: email@example.com or 507-372-8245
Friends of the Library – Worthington
- Friends of the Library Book Club
- Monday, May 22nd at 6:00 p.m. – we will be discussing the book “The Blackout Book Club” by Amy Lynn Green.
- Please join us in person at the library or on Zoom! All are welcome.
- Friends of the Library Annual Meeting:
- Thursday, June 8th at 5:05 p.m. at the Nobles County Library (Conference Room #2)
Did You Know?
- Did you know…that the Nobles County Library has 29 different magazines that are available for checkout? Whether you’re interested in birds, decorating your house, family trees, history, gardening, celebrities, health AND MORE, we’ve got what you’re looking for!
New at the Library
- Books for Adults: “Did You Hear About Kitty Karr?” by Crystal Smith Paul, “Counter Attack” by Patricia Bradley, “The Covenant of Water” by Abraham Verghese, “Hot and Bothered: What No One Tells You About Menopause” by Jancee Dunn, “All the Days of Summer” by Nancy Thayer, “Ghostly Game” by Christine Feehan, “The Island Villa” by Sarah Morgan, “The Heart’s Choice” by Tracie Peterson and Kimberley Woodhouse, “Meet Me at the Lake” by Carley Fortune, “The Bride Wore White” by Amanda Quick, “The Summer on Sag Harbor” by Sunny Hostin, “The Ferryman” by Justin Cronin and “The 23rd Midnight” by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
- Large Print Books for Adults: “The 23rd Midnight” by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro, “When She Dreams” by Amanda Quick, “The Boardwalk Bookshop” by Susan Mallery, “Rising Tiger” by Brad Thor and “Fear Thy Neighbor” by Fern Michaels
- Audiobook: “The 23rd Midnight” by James Patterson and Maxine Paetro
- Books for Children: “Real to Me” by Minh Lé Raissa Figueroa, “Only Only Marisol Rainey” by Erin Entrada Kelly, “Lo & Behold” by Wendy Mass, “The One and Only Ruby” by Katherine Applegate, “Juneteenth” by Van G. Garrett, “La Guitarrista” by Lucky Diaz, “The Book of Turtles” by Sy Montgomery and Matt Patterson, “Nothing’s Wrong!” by Jory John and “Big” by Vashti Harrison
- Kits: The libraries in the Plum Creek Library System now have a new collection of more than 130 Storytelling Kits! These kits were funded by the Minnesota Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund. The kits have a wide variety of themes to choose from. In addition to the storybooks, some kits have music CDs, DVDs or puppets! These kits are now available to be borrowed from any of the Plum Creek libraries – check them out now! If you’re searching on your own in the online library catalog, search by typing in ‘storytelling kits’ and choose which one you want!