Library News for the Week of May 24, 2021
The Nobles County Library, 407 12th Street, Worthington, is open from
9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday,
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
The Nobles County Library Adrian Branch, 214 Maine Avenue, Adrian, is open from
12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday,
12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
** Youth Programs – Worthington **
Summer Reading Programs:
- Summer Reading Programs begin Tuesday, June 15th! Please stop by the library, call 507-295-5340 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.
- Tuesdays: Teen Summer Reading Program from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Story Time (Preschool – Kindergarten) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesdays: Summer Reading Program (Grades 1st – 3rd) – from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Thursdays: Summer Reading Program (Grades 4th – 5th) – from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Earn library dollars this summer for reading! Every 60 minutes you read or someone reads to you, you will earn one library dollar to spend at the Nobles County Library Store!
Upcoming Special Programs:
- June 28th: “Mike’s Pint Size Polka: Music & Magic in Polka Color” – all ages – 1:30 p.m. in Worthington at First Lutheran Church and 6:30 p.m. at the Adrian Library
- July 22nd: Family Drive-In Movie Night – at dusk on the library lawn in Worthington
- July 26th: Treasure Village – all ages – 10:00 a.m. at the Adrian Library and 1:00 p.m. in Worthington at the First Lutheran Church
- August 11th: Summer Reading Carnival from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. for ages Preschool-5th Grade on the library lawn in Worthington
- August 19th: Family Drive-In Movie Night – at dusk on the library lawn in Worthington
Watch our Facebook page and website for updates and future events!
** Youth Programs – Adrian **
- Summer Programs begin Tuesday, June 1st! Please stop by the library, call 507-483-2541 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Tuesdays: Read with Mrs. Shateen from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. – Elementary students are invited to practice their reading skills with Mrs. Shateen one-on-one. Bring your own book or choose one of ours.
- Wednesdays: Story Time (Preschool – 2nd Grade) – from 12:10 p.m. – 12:50 p.m. – Students are invited to listen to stories, learn songs and action-verses.
- Wednesdays: Games & Crafts (Grades 3rd – 7th) – from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Come for a variety of activities from art to board games, each week will be something new! (Space is limited)
** Adult Programs – Worthington **
- June 26th: Music on the Green – Featuring Kalea Jordan from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- After a year in Nashville, Kalea Appel has returned home! Her new single “Storyboards” was recently released, come hear her play on the lawn next to the library. Bring your family, a blanket or chairs and your lunch to enjoy her music on a beautiful summer day!
- September 2nd: Pamela Nowak – a Minnesota native – at the Worthington library.
- Pamela began researching in 2017 about how the women felt about what they went through and how they survived the U.S. – Dakota war. She will be speaking more in depth about her newest novel, “Never let Go, Survival of the Lake Shetek Women”. This event is free and open to the public.
- Watch our Facebook page and website for updates and future events!
** Updates at the Library **
- Revolving Book Sale – Watch for the spinning rack near the front entrance of the library that will have books and DVDs for sale!
- Local Authors – Across from the front desk you’ll find a section that features books written by local authors that are available for checkout.
** New at the Library **
- New Books for Adults: “An Amish Surprise” by Shelley Shepard Gray, “The Saboteurs” by Clive Cussler, “The Soulmate Equation” by Christina Lauren, “The Clover Girls” by Viola Shipman, “Paint and Nectar” by Ashley Clark,
- New Books for Children: “The Boy Who Thought Outside The Box” by Marcie Wessels, “Dear Treefrog” by Joyce Sidman, “The Kingdom of Wrenly, The Dream Portal” by Jordan Quinn and “Like a Dandelion” by Huy Voun Lee