The Nobles County Library, 407 12th Street, Worthington, is open from
9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday,
9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
The Nobles County Library Adrian Branch, 214 Maine Avenue, Adrian, is open from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday,
12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
** Available This Week **
- Minnesota State Park Passes will be available for checkout as of June 1st! A free pass may be checked out from Wednesday through Tuesday, perfect for a weekend trip or vacation! You must be a resident of Nobles County, a Plum Creek Library card is required and it must be picked up in person by an adult. Make your reservation for a Minnesota State Park Pass today! Stop by the Worthington or Adrian library, or call for more information.
** Youth Programs – Worthington **
Summer Reading Programs:
- Summer Reading Programs begin Tuesday, June 15th! Please stop by the library, call 507-295-5340 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- Tuesdays: Teen Summer Reading Program from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Story Time (Preschool – Kindergarten) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Wednesdays: Summer Reading Program (Grades 1st – 3rd) – from 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Thursdays: Summer Reading Program (Grades 4th – 5th) – from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Earn library dollars this summer for reading! Every 60 minutes you read or someone reads to you, you will earn one library dollar to spend at the Nobles County Library Store!
** Upcoming Special Programs **
- June 28th: “Mike’s Pint Size Polka: Music & Magic in Polka Color” – all ages – 1:30 p.m. in Worthington at First Lutheran Church and 6:30 p.m. at the Adrian Library
- July 22nd: Family Drive-In Movie Night – at dusk on the library lawn in Worthington
- July 26th: Treasure Village – all ages – 10:00 a.m. at the Adrian Library and 1:00 p.m. in Worthington at the First Lutheran Church
- August 11th: Summer Reading Carnival from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. for ages Preschool-5th Grade on the library lawn in Worthington
- August 19th: Family Drive-In Movie Night – at dusk on the library lawn in Worthington
Watch our Facebook page and website for updates and future events!
** Youth Programs – Adrian **
- Please stop by the library, call 507-483-2541 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.
- Tuesday, June 1st: Read with Mrs. Shateen from 1:00 – 2:00 p.m. – Elementary students are invited to practice their reading skills with Mrs. Shateen one-on-one. Bring your own book or choose one of ours.
- Wednesday, June 2nd: Story Time (Preschool – 2nd Grade) – from 12:10 p.m. – 12:50 p.m. – Students are invited to listen to stories, learn songs and action-verses.
- Wednesday, June 2nd: Games & Crafts (Grades 3rd – 7th) – from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Come for a variety of activities from art to board games. (Space is limited)
** Adult Programs – Worthington **
- June 26th: Music on the Green – Featuring Kalea Jordan from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- After a year in Nashville, Kalea Appel has returned home! Her new single “Storyboards” was recently released, come hear her play on the lawn next to the library. Bring your family, a blanket or chairs and your lunch to enjoy her music on a beautiful summer day!
- September 2nd: Pamela Nowak – a Minnesota native – at 6:30 p.m.
- Pamela began researching in 2017 about how the women felt about what they went through and how they survived the U.S. – Dakota war. She will be speaking more in depth about her newest novel, “Never let Go, Survival of the Lake Shetek Women”. There will be time at the end for questions. This event is free and open to the public.
- Watch our Facebook page and website for updates and future events!
** New at the Library **
- New Books for Adults: “What Doesn’t Kill Us” by David Housewright, “Evidence of Innocence” by Shirlee McCoy, “The North Face of the Heart” by Dolores Redondo, “The Beach House” by Rochelle Alers and “The Summer I found Myself” by Colleen French
- New Books for Children: “JellyBeans” by Kiersten Hall, “Elmer’s Birthday” by David McKee, “Bad Cat!” By Nicola O’Byrne, “Rainbow Stew” by Cathryn Falwell and “The One and Only Sparkella” by Channing Tatum
- New DVDs: “The Father”, “The Little Things”, “The Long Song”, “Our Friend” and “Hope’s Legacy”
- New Audiobook: “Legacy” by Nora Roberts
- Fun Fact: As of the end of April this year, patrons have saved $311,731.04 by using the Nobles County Library in Worthington.