Library News for the Week of November 15, 2021
The Nobles County Library, 407 12th St., Worthington, is open from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
The Adrian Branch Library, 214 Maine Ave., Adrian, is open from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday.
Special Upcoming Hour Changes:
Thursday, November 18th: The Nobles County Library (Worthington) will be closing at 5:30 p.m. due to our Star Party at Minnesota West.
Wednesday, November 24th: Adrian & Worthington libraries will be closing at 5:00 p.m. for Thanksgiving.
Thursday, November 25th, Friday, November 26th and Saturday, November 27th: Adrian & Worthington libraries will be closed in observance of Thanksgiving.
** Winter Skies Star Party **
- Thursday, November 18th: Winter Skies Star Party – with Mike Lynch and Paul Seifert
- 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the Minnesota West Community and Technical College, NW corner of the parking lot next to the observatory (1450 College Way, Worthington)
- Please register by calling the library at 507-295-5340 or e-mailing email@example.com
- Watch our Facebook page and website for updates and future events!
** New Library Hours at the Worthington Library **
- Beginning Monday, November 22, 2021 – the Nobles County Library in Worthington will close at 7:00 p.m.
- Hours will be: Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and closed Sundays and Holidays
** After-School Programs – Worthington **
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, November 15th: Wii U (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 16th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 17th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, November 18th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, November 22nd: Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 23rd: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library. Please have your children picked up by 5:00 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
** Screen-Free Saturdays in Adrian **
- Every Saturday from October 9th – May 21st! (excluding holiday weekends)
- For students Kindergarten through 8th Get out of the house and come play games from 10:30 a.m. until noon at the library! Bring your favorite board game or play one of ours.
** Science Fiction/Fantasy Monthly Book Club – Worthington **
- Calling all Science Fiction and Fantasy Readers! Join us the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the library.
- We’ll discuss how each of our books connects to the theme of the month and what we liked/disliked about the book.
- Please call 507-295-5340 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
** Scholastic Online **
- These electronic resources from Scholastic are available 24 hours a day on the Nobles County Library website, under Research>Digital Libraries. You can access these anywhere; all you need is your library card. These are easy to navigate and are very user-friendly.
- BookFlix: For grades Pre-K to 3. Animated, talking storybooks as well as games and other activities.
- TrueFlix: For grades 3 and up. It offers hundreds of units to supplement social studies and science learning.
- FreedomFlix: For grades 4 and up. Improve your social studies with more than 70 multimedia units. It offers students a look at the people, places, and events that shaped our world.
- ScienceFlix: For grades 3 and up. There are more than fifty complete scientific units in six areas, videos and articles at different reading levels as well as project and experiment ideas.
- Scholastic Teachables: Make better lesson plans! Over 30,000 resources for Pre-K through grade 6; activity sheets, lesson plans, and more, covering all subjects and themes. Also 2,000+ Mini-Books.
- Watch & Learn Library: For grades Pre-K to 3. There are more than 200 education videos with real-world footage in English or Spanish. This helps build knowledge on all topics and expands vocabulary.