Wednesday, November 24th:
Adrian & Worthington libraries will be closing at 5:00 p.m. for Thanksgiving.
Thursday, November 25th, Friday, November 26th and Saturday, November 27th: Adrian & Worthington libraries will be closed in observance of Thanksgiving.
** New Library Hours at the Worthington Library **
- Beginning Monday, November 22, 2021 – the Nobles County Library in Worthington will close at 7:00 p.m.
- Hours will be: Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and closed Sundays and Holidays
** After-School Programs – Worthington **
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, November 22nd: Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 23rd: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 24th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, November 25th: Closed for Thanksgiving
- Monday, November 29th: Wii U (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 30th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library. Please have your children picked up by 5:00 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
** Screen-Free Saturdays in Adrian **
- Every Saturday from October 9th – May 21st! (excluding holiday weekends)
- For students Kindergarten through 8th Get out of the house and come play games from 10:30 a.m. until noon at the library! Bring your favorite board game or play one of ours.
** Science Fiction/Fantasy Monthly Book Club – Worthington **
- Calling all Science Fiction and Fantasy Readers! Join us the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the library.
- We’ll discuss how each of our books connects to the theme of the month and what we liked/disliked about the book.
- Please call 507-295-5340 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.
** Scholastic Online **
- These electronic resources from Scholastic are available 24 hours a day on the Nobles County Library website, under Research>Digital Libraries. You can access these anywhere; all you need is your library card. These are easy to navigate and are very user-friendly.
- BookFlix: For grades Pre-K to 3. Animated, talking storybooks as well as games and other activities.
- TrueFlix: For grades 3 and up. It offers hundreds of units to supplement social studies and science learning.
- FreedomFlix: For grades 4 and up. Improve your social studies with more than 70 multimedia units. It offers students a look at the people, places, and events that shaped our world.
- ScienceFlix: For grades 3 and up. There are more than fifty complete scientific units in six areas, videos and articles at different reading levels as well as project and experiment ideas.
- Scholastic Teachables: Make better lesson plans! Over 30,000 resources for Pre-K through grade 6; activity sheets, lesson plans, and more, covering all subjects and themes. Also 2,000+ Mini-Books.
- Watch & Learn Library: For grades Pre-K to 3. There are more than 200 education videos with real-world footage in English or Spanish. This helps build knowledge on all topics and expands vocabulary.
** New at the Library **
- New Books for Adults: “All of Us Villains” by Amanda Food y and Christine Lynn Herman, “The Left-Handed Twin” by Thomas Perry, “All the Feels” by Olivia Dade, “These Precious Days” by Ann Patchett and “Never” by Ken Follett
- New Books for Children: “Go Ask Ozzie” by Patricia Polacco, “The Night the Reindeer Saved Christmas” by Raj Kaur Khaira and Kasia Nowowiejska, “The Nutcracker” by Jan Brett, “Hamsters Make Terrible Roommates” by Cheryl B. Klein and “Parker Shines On” by Parker Curry & Jessica Curry
- New DVDs: “Old Bell”, “On the Rocks”, “The Stand”, “Escape Room, Tournament of Champions”, “Clarice” and “The Crown” (Season 4)
- Quote: “The privilege we have in this country to borrow books from our public libraries is quite wonderful, really. It empowers all of us to keep on learning and exploring throughout our lives. That’s very special, because life is all about growing, changing and opening ourselves up to new ideas and information.” – Elizabeth Taylor