Both Libraries will be closed Thursday, November 11 in observance of Veterans Day
** Winter Skies Star Party Program **
- November 18th: Winter Skies Star Party – with Mike Lynch & Paul Seifert
- 5:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. at the Minnesota West Community and Technical College, NW corner of the parking lot next to the observatory (1450 College Way, Worthington)
- Watch our Facebook page and website for updates.
** After-School Programs – Worthington **
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, November 8th: Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 9th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 10th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Monday, November 15th: WiiU (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library. Please have your children picked up by 5:00 p.m.
** Screen-Free Saturdays in Adrian **
- Every Saturday from October 9th – May 21st! (excluding holiday weekends)
- For students Kindergarten through 8th Get out of the house and come play games from 10:30 a.m. until noon at the library! Bring your favorite board game or play one of ours.
** Science Fiction/Fantasy Monthly Book Club – Worthington **
- Calling all Science Fiction and Fantasy Readers! Join us the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 p.m. in the library.
- We’ll discuss how each of our books connects to the theme of the month and what we liked/disliked about the book.
- Please call 507-295-5340 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.
** Scholastic Online **
- These electronic resources from Scholastic are available 24 hours a day on the Nobles County Library website, under Research>Digital Libraries. You can access these anywhere; all you need is your library card. These are easy to navigate and very user-friendly.
- BookFlix: For grades Pre-K to 3. Animated, talking storybooks as well as games and other activities.
- TrueFlix: For grades 3 and up. It offers hundreds of units to supplement social studies and science learning.
- FreedomFlix: For grades 4 and up. Improve your social studies with more than 70 multimedia units. It offers students a look at the people, places, and events that shaped our world.
- ScienceFlix: For grades 3 and up. There are more than fifty complete scientific units in six areas, videos and articles at different reading levels as well as project and experiment ideas.
- Scholastic Teachables: Make better lesson plans! Over 30,000 resources for Pre-K through grade 6; activity sheets, lesson plans, and more, covering all subjects and themes. Also 2,000+ Mini-Books.
- Watch & Learn Library: For grades Pre-K to 3. There are more than 200 education videos with real-world footage in English or Spanish. This helps build knowledge on all topics and expands vocabulary.
** New at the Library **
- New Books: “Mercy Creek” by M. E. Browning, “A Christmas Escape” by Sarah Morgan, “The Attic on Queen Street” by Karen White, “Better off Dead” by Lee Child and Andrew Child, “A Christmas Courtship” by Shelley Shepard Gray, and The Dressmakers of Auschwitz” by Lucy Adlington.