The Nobles County Library, 407 12th St., Worthington, is open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays.
The Adrian Branch Library, 214 Maine Ave., Adrian, is open from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays.
Happening with children’s programming in Worthington:
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up, as class size is limited.
- Just Gurlz (Grades 5 & Up) – Mondays after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wii Program (Grades 5-9) – Mondays (twice monthly) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- After-School Programs (Grades K-5) – Tuesdays or Thursdays from after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Story Time (Preschool & Younger) – Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Halloween Haunted House – Thursday, October 15th and Friday, October 16th for grades K-5! Wear your Halloween costume and join us for a movie, craft, games and a haunted house tour in the Worthington library. Please pre-register for a party time!
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Happening at Worthington and Adrian:
- The Autumn Book Sale will be Monday, November 2nd through Friday, November 6th, during regular business hours on the main level of the Worthington library.(There usually is a variety of adult fiction books, adult non-fiction books, young adult books, paperback books, children’s books, audiobooks, CDs and DVDs!)
- Please limit yourself to one visit per day and maintain a distance of six feet from non-family members when inside.
- We have hand sanitizer near the front door. We are spot cleaning throughout the day and after hours.
- In Worthington, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. children under 16 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian (except during organized activities).
- Please bring exact change, or the nearest dollar amount, for copies, scans, faxes, etc.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library updates.
New at the Library:
- New Online Educational Resources for Kids: The Nobles County Library now has links on our website, nclibrary.org, under the Youth drop down. These are provided to us by the Plum Creek Library System. You do need to have a Nobles County Library card to access these.
- BookFlix by Scholastic – For grades Pre-K to 3. There are animated, talking storybooks as well as games and other activities.
- ScienceFlix – For grades 3-9. There are more than fifty complete scientific units in six areas, videos and articles at different reading levels as well as project and experiment ideas.
- Watch and Learn Library – For grades Pre-K to 3. There are more than 200 education videos with real-world footage in English or Spanish. This helps build knowledge on all topics and expands vocabulary.
- New Books: “The Warden and the Wolf King” by Andrew Peterson and “The Story of the Minnesota Vikings”
- New Audiobooks: “The Coast to Coast Murders” by James Patterson and J.D. Barker and “Next to Last Stand” by Craig Johnson
- New DVDs: “Paw Patrol, Charged Up”
- Did You Know: In 1947 the New York Public Library banned Margaret Wise Brown’s children’s book, “Goodnight Moon”, for being ‘overly sentimental’. It wasn’t until 1972 that it was reinstated into the library.