Library News for the Week of October 17, 2022
Halloween Haunted House
- Grades K-5: Join us for a movie, craft, games and a tour through the Haunted House! Don’t forget to wear your Halloween costume!
- Make sure you register for one of the parties on or before Wednesday, October 19th. Stop at the front desk in the library to register or call 507-295-5340.
- Thursday, October 20th: 10:00 am – 11:30 am, 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm or 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm
- Friday, October 21st: 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm or 2:00 pm – 3:30 pm.
- Space is limited – stop in or call today!
Youth Programs – Worthington
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, October 17th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 18th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 19th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, October 20th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, October 24th: Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 25th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Adult Programs – Worthington
- Monday, October 24, 2022 – author Adrian Lee
- Author of Supernatural titles “How to Be a Christian Psychic”, “Mysterious Minnesota”, “Mysterious Midwest” and more!
- 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 8, 2022 – author Kathie Hendricks
- Local Luverne author (Kate Henry)
- Author of children’s books “Backyard Hockey” and “Please Don’t Eat the Cupcakes” and more!
- Children’s Program: 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Adult Program: 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Watch our Facebook page and website for updates and future events!
Book Club – Worthington
- Friends of the Library Book Club
- The Friends of the Library Book Club will discuss “The Midnight Library” by Matt Haig at 6 pm on Monday, October 24th. Please feel free to join in person or on Zoom.
New at the Library
- New Books for Adults: “Sinister Graves” by Marcie R. Rendon, “And There Was Light: Abraham Lincoln and the American Struggle” by Jon Meacham, “My Travels with Mrs. Kennedy” by Clint Hill, “The Christmas Spirit” by Debbie Macomber, “Thief of Fate” by Jude Deveraux and Tara Sheets, “Marmee: A Novel of Little Women” by Sarah Miller, “The Boys From Biloxi” by John Grisham and “It Starts With Us” by Colleen Hoover
- New Books for Children: “Frizzy” by Claribel A. Ortega, “Owl and Penguin” by Vikram Madan, “Rainbow Fish and the Storyteller” by Marcus Pfister, “Grandma’s Farm” by Michael Garland, “Three Billy Goats Gruff” retold by Mac Barnett, “The Winter Bird” by Kate Banks, “Where is the North Pole?” by Megan Stine, “Uncercover Latina” by Aya De León and “Freestyle” by Gale Galligan
- Want to see more new items?
- Sign up to receive a complete list of new items weekly at the Nobles County Library!
- Go to our website, nclibrary.org and sign up for Wowbrary! (towards the bottom of the homepage)
- Once you sign up, you will receive an e-mail every Wednesday morning of everything new at the library.
- New Library App! Download the Aspen LiDA app and login using your library card number. From there you can browse the Nobles County Library’s collections, see new materials, manage your library account, search and download electronic resources, store your library card digitally and much, much more!
- Fun Fact of the Week: So far this year, Nobles County Library patrons in Worthington have saved $643,566.00 by using the library!