Library News for the Week of September 12, 2022
** Saturdays in Adrian **
- The Adrian Library will be open Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. through Memorial Day.
** After-School Programs – Worthington **
- After-School Programs will begin THIS week!
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, September 12th: Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 13th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 14th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, September 15th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, September 19th: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m. (schedules will be handed out)
- Tuesday, September 20th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
** Adult Programming – Worthington **
- Monday, September 19th – author Hector Curriel
- Author and illustrator of “American Ace Joe Foss, Fighter Pilot”
- Teen Program: 4:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Adult Program: 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 24, 2022 – author William Kent Krueger
- Author of “This Tender Land”, “Lightning Strike”, “Purgatory Ridge”, “Ordinary Grace” and more
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Sponsored by Friends of the Library
- Thursday, October 6, 2022 – author Kate Swenson
- Author of “Forever Boy: A Mother’s Memoir of Autism and Finding Joy” and her blog “Finding Cooper’s Voice”
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 24, 2022 – author Adrian Lee
- Author of Supernatural titles “How to Be a Christian Psychic”, “Mysterious Minnesota”, “Mysterious Midwest” and more!
- 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 8, 2022 – author Kathie Hendricks
- Local Luverne author (Kate Henry)
- Author of children’s books “Backyard Hockey” and “Please Don’t Eat the Cupcakes” and more!
- Children’s Program: 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Adult Program: 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Watch our Facebook page and website for updates and future events!
** Book Club – Worthington **
- Science Fiction/Fantasy Monthly Book Club:
- Please join us Wednesday, September 14th at 6:00 p.m. in the library’s Program Room!
- This Month’s Topic: apocalypse
- Friends of the Library Book Club
- Monday, September 26th at 6:00 p.m. at the library.
- We will be discussing the book “The Last House on the Street” by Diane Chamberlain. All are welcome to join!