The Nobles County Library, 407 12th St., Worthington, is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The Adrian Branch Library, 214 Maine Ave., Adrian, open from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays.
Happening with children’s programming in Worthington:
- After-School Programs will be starting the week of Monday, September 14th! Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up, as class size is limited.
- Just Gurlz (Grades 5 & Up) – Mondays after school until 4:45 p.m. (starts Sept. 28th)
- Wii Program (Grades 5-9) – Mondays (twice monthly) after school until 4:45 p.m. (starts Sept. 21st)
- After-School Programs (Grades K-5) – Tuesdays or Thursdays from after school until 4:45 p.m. (starts Sept. 15th/Sept. 17th)
- Story Time (Preschool & Younger) – Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. (starts Sept. 16th)
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Happening at Worthington and Adrian:
- Please limit yourself to one visit per day and maintain a distance of six feet from non-family members when inside.
- We have hand sanitizer near the front door. We are spot cleaning throughout the day and after hours.
- In Worthington, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. children under 16 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian (except during organized activities).
- Please bring exact change, or the nearest dollar amount, for copies, scans, faxes, etc.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library updates.
New at the Library:
New Device: The Nobles County Library has a new offering, Mobile Internet Hotspots. A mobile Internet hotspot uses cellular access to create a WiFi connection, allowing people to connect to the Internet where there is not typically strong, or any, WiFi access. Hotspots can be checked out by any adult Plum Creek library card holder in good standing. They may not be placed on hold, are checked out just one week, and cannot be renewed. This program is partially funded with a grant from the Minnesota Department of Education using federal funding, CFDA 45.310, Library Services and Technology Act (LS-00-19-0024-19) Grants to States.
New Online Educational Resources for Kids: The Nobles County Library now has links on our website, www.nclibrary.org, under the Youth drop down. These are provided to us by the Plum Creek Library System. You do need to have a Nobles County Library card to access these.
- BookFlix by Scholastic – For grades Pre-K to 3. There are animated, talking storybooks as well as games and other activities.
- ScienceFlix – For grades 4-9. There are more than fifty complete scientific units in six areas, videos and articles at different reading levels as well as project and experiment ideas.
- Watch and Learn Library – For grades Pre-K to 3. There are more than 200 education videos with real-world footage in English or Spanish. This helps build knowledge on all topics and expands vocabulary.
New Books: “A Place in the Wind” by Suzanne Chazin, “The Violence Inside Us” by Chris Murphy, “Royal” by Danielle Steel, “The Big Door Prize” by M.O. Walsh and “The Siren and the Deep Blue Sea” by Kerrelyn Sparks
New DVDs: “The Flash”
Did You Know: These famous celebrities have libraries in their homes: Oprah Winfrey, Diane Keaton, Keith Richards, Woody Allen, Ralph Lauren, Julianne Moore, and Jane Fonda.