Fall Book Sale:
- The Fall Book Sale date has been set! Come to our Book Sale Wednesday, October 5th through Saturday, October 8th in our Program Room! (basement of the library) We have a large amount of items this time, please mark your calendars!
- Come look through a variety of adult fiction books, adult non-fiction books, young adult books, paperback books, children’s books, audiobooks, CDs and DVDs and more.
- Our book sales are open to the public – not restricted only to library card users.
Youth Programs – Worthington
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, September 26th: Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 27th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 28th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, September 29th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, October 3rd: Wii (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 4th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Adult Programs – Worthington
- Thursday, October 6, 2022 – author Kate Swenson
- Author of “Forever Boy: A Mother’s Memoir of Autism and Finding Joy” and her blog “Finding Cooper’s Voice”
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, October 24, 2022 – author Adrian Lee
- Author of Supernatural titles “How to Be a Christian Psychic”, “Mysterious Minnesota”, “Mysterious Midwest” and more!
- 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 8, 2022 – author Kathie Hendricks
- Local Luverne author (Kate Henry)
- Author of children’s books “Backyard Hockey” and “Please Don’t Eat the Cupcakes” and more!
- Children’s Program: 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Adult Program: 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Watch our Facebook page and website for updates and future events!
Book Club – Worthington
- Friends of the Library Book Club
- Monday, September 26th at 6:00 p.m. at the library.
- We will be discussing the book “The Last House on the Street” by Diane Chamberlain. All are welcome to join!
New at the Library
- New Books for Adults: “Righteous Prey” by John Sandford, “Home Sweet Christmas” by Susan Mallery, “1989” by Val McDermid, “Love Your Home Again” by Ann Lightfoot & Kate Pawlowski, “The Bad Angel Brothers” by Paul Theroux, “Home to Brambleberry Creek” by Elizabeth Bromke and “A Truth to Lie For” by Anne Perry
- New Books for Children: “Big Nate, Blow the Roof Off!” by Lincoln Peirce, “Odder” by Katherine Applegate, “Mayor Good Boy Goes to Hollywood” by Dave Scheidt and Miranda Harmon, “Reina Ramos Works It Out!” by Emma Otheguy, “The Crayons Trick or Treat” by Drew Daywalt and Oliver Jeffers and “Going on a Ghost Hunt” by Dianne Moritz
- New Audiobooks: “P Is for Peril” by Sue Grafton and “Dinners with Ruth: A Memoir of Friendship” by Nina Totenberg
- Want to see more new items?
- Sign up to receive a complete list of new items weekly at the Nobles County Library!
- Go to our website, nclibrary.org and sign up for Wowbrary! (towards the bottom of the homepage)
- Once you sign up, you will receive an e-mail every Wednesday morning of everything new at the library.
- New Library App! Download the Aspen LiDA app and login using your library card number. From there you can browse the Nobles County Library’s collections, see new materials, manage your library account, search and download electronic resources, store your library card digitally and much, much more!