The Nobles County Library, 407 12th St., Worthington, is open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Beginning the week of October 5, the library will be open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays.
The Adrian Branch Library, 214 Maine Ave., Adrian, open from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Fridays.
The library will be holding its Fall Book Sale from November 2 to 6.
This year’s Halloween Haunted House will occur on October 15 and 16. Please preregister for one of the party times.
Also happening with children’s programming in Worthington:
Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up, as class size is limited.
- Just Gurlz (Grades 5 & Up) – Mondays after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wii Program (Grades 5-9) – Mondays (twice monthly) after school until 4:45 p.m.
- After-School Programs (Grades K-5) – Tuesdays or Thursdays from after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Story Time (Preschool & Younger) – Wednesdays from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
Happening at Worthington and Adrian:
- Please try to limit yourself to one visit per day and maintain a distance of six feet from non-family members when inside.
- We have hand sanitizer near the front door. We are spot cleaning throughout the day and after hours.
- In Worthington, from 9:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. children under 16 must be accompanied by their parent or guardian (except during organized activities).
- Please bring exact change, or the nearest dollar amount, for copies, scans, faxes, etc.
New at the Library:
New Device: The Nobles County Library has a new offering, Mobile Internet Hotspots. A mobile Internet hotspot uses cellular access to create a WiFi connection, allowing people to connect to the Internet where there is not typically strong, or any, WiFi access.
New Online Educational Resources for Kids: The Nobles County Library now has links on our website, www.nclibrary.org, under the Youth drop down. These are provided to us by the Plum Creek Library System. You do need to have a Nobles County Library card to access these.
- BookFlix by Scholastic – For grades Pre-K to 3. There are animated, talking storybooks as well as games and other activities.
- ScienceFlix – For grades 3-9. There are more than fifty complete scientific units in six areas, videos and articles at different reading levels as well as project and experiment ideas.
- Watch and Learn Library – For grades Pre-K to 3. There are more than 200 education videos with real-world footage in English or Spanish. This helps build knowledge on all topics and expands vocabulary.
New Books: “Those Who Forget, My Family’s Story in Nazi Europe” by Geraldine Schwarz
New Audiobooks: “Funeral For a Friend” by Brian Freeman
Did You Know: In 2007 Stephen King was mistaken for a vandal in an Australian bookshop when he starting signing his books! (Source: interestingliterature.com