Library News for the Week of September 27, 2021
** New Science Fiction/Fantasy Monthly Book Club **
- Calling all Science Fiction and Fantasy Readers – the Nobles County Library is starting a new monthly book club! We will tentatively meet the second Wednesday of each month at 6 p.m. in the library. During the meeting, we’ll discuss how each of our books connects to the theme of the month and what we liked/disliked about the book. Come connect and meet new people!
- Please call 507-295-5340 or e-mail email@example.com to sign up.
** After-School Programs – Worthington **
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, September 27th: Just Gurlz (Girls Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 28th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 29th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, September 30th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, October 4th: No program.
- Tuesday, October 5th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library. Please have your children picked up by 5 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events.
** Upcoming Special Programs **
- October 28th: Come listen to musical artist, Dennis Warner!
- 1:00 p.m. at the Adrian Senior Citizens Center (310 N. Maine Ave.)
- 4:00 p.m. for kids at First Lutheran Church (across from the Worthington library)
- Watch our Facebook page and website for updates and future events!
** New at the Library **
- These electronic resources from Scholastic are available 24 hours a day on the Nobles County Library website, under Research>Digital Libraries. You can access these anywhere; all you need is your library card. There are easy to navigate and very user-friendly.
- BookFlix: For grades Pre-K to 3. Animated, talking storybooks as well as games and other activities.
- TrueFlix: For grades 3 and up. It offers hundreds of units to supplement social studies and science learning.
- FreedomFlix: For grades 4 and up. Improve your social studies with more than 70 multimedia units. It offers students a look at the people, places, and events that shaped our world.
- ScienceFlix: For grades 3 and up. There are more than fifty complete scientific units in six areas, videos and articles at different reading levels as well as project and experiment ideas.
- Scholastic Teachables: Make better lesson plans! Over 30,000 resources for Pre-K through grade 6; activity sheets, lesson plans, and more, covering all subjects and themes. Also 2,000+ Mini-Books.
- Watch & Learn Library: For grades Pre-K to 3. There are more than 200 education videos with real-world footage in English or Spanish. This helps build knowledge on all topics and expands vocabulary.
- New Books for Adults: “The Girl Behind the Wall” by Mandy Robotham, “An Impossible Promise” by Jude Deveraux and Tara Sheets, “Hostile Intent” by Lynette Eason, “Bewilderment” by Richard Powers and “The Heart of Splendid Lake” by Amy Clipston
- New Books for Children: “Noodleheads do the Impossible” by Tedd Arnold, Martha Hamilton and Mitch Weiss, “Thanks for Nothing!” by Ryan T. Higgins, “Wait! What? Amelia Earhart is on the Moon?” by Dan Gutman, “Ms. Frogbottom’s Field Trips, Get a Hold of Your Elf!” by Nancy Krulik and “The Berenstain Bears, Too Much Noise!” by Mike Berenstain