** Spring Book Sale – Worthington **
- Our Spring Book Sale will be April 25th – 30th, during regular business hours on the main level of the library!
- Come look through a variety of adult fiction books, adult science fiction books, adult non-fiction books, young adult books, paperback books, children’s books, audiobooks, CDs and DVDs. April 11, 2022
- Watch for the bag sale at the end of the week!
- Our book sales are open to the public – not restricted only to library card users.
** After-School Programs – Worthington **
- Please stop by the library or call 507-295-5340 to sign up your children.
- Monday, April 11th: Wii U (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 12th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 13th: Story Time (Toddlers – Preschoolers) – from 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Thursday, April 14th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Monday, April 18th: Wii U (Grades 5-9) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 19th: After-School Program (Grades K-5) – after school until 4:45 p.m.
- You are responsible for your own ride to and from the library. Please have your children picked up by 5:00 p.m.
- Please visit nclibrary.org for all library events and updates.
** Science Fiction/Fantasy Monthly Book Club – Worthington **
- Calling all Science Fiction and Fantasy Readers – please join us Wednesday, May 11th in the library’s Program Room!
- There won’t be a meeting in April, but make sure to join us in May!
- March’s topic is Gravitational Manipulation and April’s topic is Your Favorite Science Fiction or Fantasy Book. We’ll discuss how each of our books connected to the these themes and what we liked/disliked about the books at the next meeting!
** Screen-Free Saturdays – Adrian **
- Every Saturday until May 21st! (excluding holiday weekends)
- For students Kindergarten through 8th Get out of the house and come play games from 10:30 a.m. until noon at the library!
- Bring your favorite board game or play one of ours.
** Minnesota State Parks Library Pass – Adrian & Worthington **
- Now that the weather finally is starting to feel more like Spring, remember that there are two park passes available that allow free entry into any Minnesota State Park!
- These passes are available to the residents of Nobles County through the libraries in Adrian and Worthington, until the program expires on June 30, 2022.
- Passes are checked out and valid from Wednesday through the following Tuesday.
- A Plum Creek library card is required and it must be an adult picking up the pass.
- Reserve your pass in advance now! (limit of one reservation every 30 days please)
** Coming Soon… **
- Christy in Adrian and Jackie in Worthington have both been working very hard behind the scenes to get ready for their Summer youth programs! Stay tuned to find out soon what they’ve put together for the youth!
** New at the Library **
- New Books for Adults: “Summer on the Island” by Brenda Novak, “The Younger Wife” by Sally Hepworth, “Portrait of a Thief” by Grace D. Li, “Crimson Summer” by Heather Graham and “Shadows of Berlin” by David R. Gillham
- New Books for Children: “What is Juneteenth?” by Kirsti Jewel, “The Last Kids on Earth: Quint and Dirk’s Hero Quest” by Max Brallier, “Scout is Not a Band Kid” by Jade Armstrong, “Sparks! Future Purrfect” by Ian Boothby & Nina Matsumoto and “Mr. Wolf’s Class: Snow Day” by Aron Nels Steinke
- Quote: “The great thing about books is there are no commercials.”